Time for a new battery or what?

tinmann840

Registered
I bought a 2000 Hayabusa yesterday, a Christmas present for my self and something I could watch evolve into something exceptional. It was far from mint but a long way from being junk. It fired right up and the seller informed me that it was a new battery. It was a Chrome S Pro 7A-BS. I'd never heard of this battery before but being out of the game for several years I figured that maybe I was behind on the new tech. It had a led screen on the battery showing the amount of charge. This morning I fire it up and take it down the street and she's pulling like the Hayabusa I remember of old then in first gear at low rpm it stalls and after 3 or 4 attempts to restart it the battery dies. I could not even jump start it. The engine just turn over slowly and then back to a dead battery. This on a friends shop model 200 amp battery charger. It's been on the charger since and the LED screen on the battery indicates no more than 11.8 amps and a fully charged battery would be something like 13 amp plus so it looks like he hosed me with a cheap battery that's probably meant for a ATV 4 wheeler. Evereything is closed today or I would have taken the battery to have it tested but I think I will just order a Yuasa YT12A-BS tonight from Amazon since I have Prime and their free 2 day shipping.

If that's the only thing wrong with it consider yourself lucky. I suspect there's something with the charging system though. Good luck with it.

If that's the only thing wrong with it consider yourself lucky. I suspect there's something with the charging system though. Good luck with it.

So your're thinking stator or rectifier? I was think that too but it would still jump off even if the system wasn't charging would it not? Also I just checked the battery and it's still at 11.8 amps on its screen and it "maintain" at the top of the screen.

It's been just like that for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no change in battery status so I ordered a Yuasa YUAM32ABS YT12A-BS. I'm glad I subscribed to Amazon Prime now.

it might be a little late but you might look at the Shorai batteries. It is lighter and has more CCA than the stock lead acid batteries.
It will start my 1441 on a single battery

it might be a little late but you might look at the Shorai batteries. It is lighter and has more CCA than the stock lead acid batteries.
It will start my 1441 on a single battery

Canceling order as we speak thanks for the advice.

UPDATE: I let the battery stay on trickle all night, emery clothed the connecting wire post (they were quite rusted), got new nuts and bolts to connect the terminals and she fired right up. I put the multimeter onit and @ 4K rpm she show 14.1 volts so she's charging. I think the battery was new but the connections were in a condition were it wasn't charging properly. Anyway all is well in Busa-Land for the moment. I'm still getting another Shorai battery however. Thanks for the help

Back