Yuasa vs Interstate batteries

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
Before I hit my dealer tonight and get a new battery...

any input regarding quality, reliability etc comparisons between Yuasa and Interstate batteries?

should I get the stock battery less than 200 cranking amps
should I get the Interstate YTZ 14S (more than 200 cranking amps)

thoughts please....

get the higher one for sure, will help greatly with startup
cool.gif

and I went with the YTZ14S when I got a new one, think they are more geared towards bikes than the interstates

Yuasa makes a great battery and I have yet to see a problem with one. Some of the other batteries I have seen have leaked shid everywhere, cracked casings, and other pretty horrible stuff done to them. It's kinda messed up. Personally I'd stick with Yuasa, there a few more bucks sometimes but I consider them the DieHard of the motorcycle world... Hey, does Sears make a bike battery?

Check with StreetnTrackimport(Board sponor
super.gif
) over in the classified section.  Charles just hooked me up with a Yusa YTZ 14S for $86 shipped to my door .

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123215598 -->

Yes they do, but you will have to modify your box area for it to fit !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123215678 -->

thanks boyz and girls...I went with the YTZ 14s. It is sold as an Interstate battery but I think Yuasa is the manufacturer as all sorts of Yuasa stuff was in the box...directions, inspection tags...

Anyways I charge the sucker up (since it may have been on the shelf for a spell--it only took about an hour or so on my battery tender for the red light to turn green)

I fired the bike up, let it get good and hot, put every accessory on....let the fan go on...brights, turn indicators, horn....everything....then I shut it off for a few seconds and then tried to turn it on again....

It fired right up. So tonight I will test her on the road again before my two long trips over this next weekend.

thanks for your help folks...btw, the old battery is still in pretty good shape, but will not know for sure until I get a voltmeter reading...

Back