Tighter Shift pattern?

3WheelerMod

Registered
Have not been on the forum for a while .... I thought there was a specific place for Gen I Busa's so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.
Wondering if anyone knows how to make the shift pattern "tighter" on a busa?
1552496153719.png

I am using a Busa engine for my 3 wheeler and I am have a heck of a time getting solid shifts with a manual shifter. It seems the distance from 1st to 2nd and so on is long.
Meaning .... I want a minimal "tap upwards" to get the bike to shift. If you can imagine... I am in front of the engine, sitting down with pedals like a car. There is a manual shifter to my right with a cable on it.but I can't get enough "motion" to get it to shift. I am wondering if there is a way to make this tighter/smaller.

Todd

agree with c10..i would look at electric or air shift to if i was you. Oh and since im the first...WE WANT PICS OF THIS MACHINE!

An Evo Shift star might help a bit if it's smaller in diameter than the OEM shift star on the Hayabusa. I think it is. I can't recall where but seems to me I saw pics comparing Evo to OEM.

For my ZX-14, the Evo diameter was the same as OEM and no real reduction in shift pedal throw.

Reactions: c10
the gp shift is so you can shift up, tilted over hard, mid corner if you need to. Well, that's my understanding anyway. So the Evo shift star firms up the shift, have you considered a solid linkage? Using a couple threaded rods and a solid pivot point may be a decent option. can you post a few photos of the setup so we can help you brainstorm?

Back