Reverse Shift Pattern

Busapilot08

Registered
Has anybody tried reversing the shift pattern on the 08 yet? It doesn't look like it's possible unless you shorten the shifter rod. Any other ideas?
please.gif

It's possible because Brendan and I were going to do it.

Problem? No bolt with the right thread pitch available..if I remember correctly.

Whoops. 08 model. In the dark on that one. Need more coffee.

r8

Problem? No bolt with the right thread pitch available..if I remember correctly.

r8
I did it on my 06, with no problems or modifications necessary, just rotate the fastener on the shift shaft 180 degrees. I'm not sure there is clearance on the 08. I would need to look or see a picture...

r8
I did it on my 06, with no problems or modifications necessary, just rotate the fastener on the shift shaft 180 degrees. I'm not sure there is clearance on the 08. I would need to look or see a picture...
Really? I'll check into this again. If I remember correctly it was due to the rearsets we run.

r8

r8
Really? I'll check into this again. If I remember correctly it was due to the rearsets we run.

r8
excellent point, this was with stock rear sets.

Yes, it wasn't an issue on 1st Gen's, but there is clearance issues on the Gen 2's. Looks like you would have to cut the shifter rod to length and re-thread it to get the clearance. I would like to have a spare on hand before starting, just in case. Me and Murphy are real good friends! Just wondering if someone had seen something that I missed.

Back