Reversing the shift pattern

drizzit

Registered
Has anyone done this yet on an Gen 2? I heard that you can reverse the shift pattern with the factory parts. I would like to do this to help me when I am at the track.

Thanks,
Jason

just flip the lever on the trans side.. see if it works... post back when done.. should take all of about 10 minutes..

On mine there wasn't enough clearance between the shifter rod and the case. It did look like you could shorten the rod a bit, then re-thread it and make it work. It's been a while since I looked at it, so don't remember all the details. I bought a couple of spare rods to experiment with, but haven't had the time. They were only about $3-4 bucks a piece, I think. Guess I need to put that back on the~to do list~again!

You have to shorten the rod about a 1/2"...you also have to extend the threads on the rod. The bell crank, when you flip it over will hit on the bolt for the side stand...just grind a little off of the rivet on the back of it. There is plenty of 'meat' to the rivet, so you can get the clearance that you need :thumbsup:

Back