Reverse shift pattern

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Saw this suggested a couple times by road racers.. curious who has and what the net effect is on your riding... thanks

Have done it on previous bikes - it is an easy swap; down side is getting used to the pattern and/or riding another scoot and using the new "habit"... pretty brainless shifting to higher gears by jamming the lever down..
smile.gif

Unless you are trying to shift while leaned over in a left hand corner, I don't know of any advantage to it other than preference.

It can make upshifts easier at the expense of downshifts... again preference...

I run standard and just remember to not shift while leaned over to the left.  
winkold.gif

Been there and done that... it's easy to do, but I have been riding so long the other way that it's just natural so I swapped back. Besides, I let my brothers ride the bike from time to time and I just like to keep it simple. It's not really going to help me at the track, I have so much more to work on than that...

So "HOW" does one go about doing the change-over.........

Started a thread like this a while back, and received no input....curious.

I just did mine last weekend when i changed the rear sets. Took it out today just around the block and i like it. Very easy to do just flip the little arm on the shift linkage over from the top side to the bottom side. Just watch for clearances on the kickstand switch.

I run it and would never go back to standard! It makes it easier for me b/c when I'm going down the straight, I could keep my chin on the gas tank and remain tucked "underneath the paint" and my foot is the only thing clicking at the lever. so easier for me ergonomically. I can also upshift mid corner while hanging off, in a fast sweeper. Once you get the hang of it, backshifting, or downshifting, is superfast too, especially if you're a blipper. It's a very easy swap that takes less than 2 minutes.

standard, I felt, I had to move my entire leg just to get comfortable while tucked. You can't shift while leaned over to your left because you'll drag your foot. However, that being said, some roadracers still use Standard-Mat Mladin and Chris Vermeulen.

I run it and would never go back to standard! It makes it easier for me b/c when I'm going down the straight, I could keep my chin on the gas tank and remain tucked "underneath the paint" and my foot is the only thing clicking at the lever. so easier for me ergonomically. I can also upshift mid corner while hanging off, in a fast sweeper. Once you get the hang of it, backshifting, or downshifting, is superfast too, especially if you're a blipper. It's a very easy swap that takes less than 2 minutes.

standard, I felt, I had to move my entire leg just to get comfortable while tucked. You can't shift while leaned over to your left because you'll drag your foot. However, that being said, some roadracers still use Standard-Mat Mladin and Chris Vermeulen.
But you don't even ride a Busa anymore
rock.gif
Sir you need to leave this board
fight.gif

I haven't made the switch over to GP shifting yet, but as Ryan said
it is so much easier for your riding position to have it set up this
way, mainly for track use and serious twisty riding. For braking and down shifting you have to change more of your riding position so then
you can easily get your foot under the shifter.

Chuckles...you should switch both your bikes to GP style shifting
thumb_up.gif

I did this on mine...and I love it. It is so easy to fly through your gears. Its just very weird to ride my wifes busa with the "normal" pattern.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

It can easily be done with the stock rearsets. the clearence is close but it clears none the less. I can post pics if necessary.

Back