throttlemeister, who's got em

hemi

Registered
considering a set of black heavy throttlemeister's, they worth it? Would be nice to rest my throttle hand sometimes bc it always seems to go numb. Does the heavy version help to reduce vibes much?

might just order them tomorrow, trying to get some opinions first though. I've always wanted a set but just never got around to it. Looks like most that have them really like em

Had one for years on more that one bike. Works just as it should, very satisfied with it. It is great for giving your throttle had a break on long trips, but it is not a cruise control. You have to make subtle adjustments based on the elevation of the road you are on. The weight does reduce vibration, and it is a well designed quality product.

Had one for years on more that one bike. Works just as it should, very satisfied with it. It is great for giving your throttle had a break on long trips, but it is not a cruise control. You have to make subtle adjustments based on the elevation of the road you are on. The weight does reduce vibration, and it is a well designed quality product.

Thanks! Exactly what I have heard and why I pulled the trigger on the purchase.

Mine works as advertised but I had a Breakaway Cruise Control (which is also really just a throttle lock, not a cruise control) on my Bandit and it's a much better product functionally.

My biggest complaint with the TM is that it's difficult to engage - you have to give it a couple of twists. Then you do the same to disengage it. It's difficult to do this and hold the throttle position. You have to engage it, then set the throttle. Also in an emergency it takes a few seconds to un-twist the TM so you have to keep it in the back of your mind to un-twist the throttle.

With the breakaway, you just set the throttle and then press a button with your thumb. Use both the TM and Breakaway and you will find the TM very cumbersome. The Breakaway even releases when you tap the front break!

The best thing about the TM is it is stealthy, so if you don't want to have a "cruise control" on your horse the TM is for you.

i'm thinking next time i get some "fun money" i'm picking up a set of those, as well as one of kv's backrests.

Mine works as advertised but I had a Breakaway Cruise Control (which is also really just a throttle lock, not a cruise control) on my Bandit and it's a much better product functionally.

My biggest complaint with the TM is that it's difficult to engage - you have to give it a couple of twists. Then you do the same to disengage it. It's difficult to do this and hold the throttle position. You have to engage it, then set the throttle. Also in an emergency it takes a few seconds to un-twist the TM so you have to keep it in the back of your mind to un-twist the throttle.

With the breakaway, you just set the throttle and then press a button with your thumb. Use both the TM and Breakaway and you will find the TM very cumbersome. The Breakaway even releases when you tap the front break!

The best thing about the TM is it is stealthy, so if you don't want to have a "cruise control" on your horse the TM is for you.

It shouldn't take that much effort to engage or disengage a TM. You might need to add a washer or two to yours if that's the case. Mine was a slight twist to engage and a split second to disengage. Once you get the hang of it just twist with the right part of the hand and you're locked and ready to roll. :thumbsup:

Milled black has cutouts and adds a little bit of bling, maybe some extra grip too.
I went for the heavy black, and rate them highly..

IMG_1783.jpg

They work great for what they are built to do. Like previously mentioned, they aren't a true cruise control which is why I also have an Audiovox cruise. I was originally going to sell the TM to recoup some of the cost but love having the option of using them for low speeds and/or taking pics in the twisties. You can always manually twist the throttle shut even when the TM is engaged if you get in an emergency situation.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have them on my bike also and have to agree with everyone. They do the job. Mine are the heavy one and I can't recall if I get any vibration from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup, I have had 3 sets now and the heavy ones are much better at reducing vibes and I just installed the grip puppies before the Stampede and those helped alot also.

stampede2010-mypics 092b.jpg

Mine work great, easy install, I have the standard weight black milled, virbation is about the same as stock, maybe a tad less.

Understanding they aren't a true cruise control do they still 'lock' the throttle to give you a break from having to hold it twisted ?
I find that I need really just 5-10 seconds of break to regain feeling and get rid of 'pain' in my wrist which seems to be getting worse and worse ?

Understanding they aren't a true cruise control do they still 'lock' the throttle to give you a break from having to hold it twisted ?
I find that I need really just 5-10 seconds of break to regain feeling and get rid of 'pain' in my wrist which seems to be getting worse and worse ?

It is just a throttle lock, not true cruise control like you would find on a touring bike. But on stretches of road with lots of lanes and little turns it give you that break you need.

Back