Throttlemeister for $0.40!!

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I just could NOT find the post, but somebody posted about Throttlemeisters and someone else posted that a #18 O-ring from your local plumbing or home supply store would do the same thing. Well, they were wrong but TWO of the same O-ring work great as a cruise control! It's true, step in here and take a bow if you are the one who said it because an invisible Throttlemeister for $.40 or a real one for $140?!? Easy.
Just put the O-rings one at a time over the bar end, roll them over until they snug down between the grip and bar end, and they create friction between the bar end and the grip and hold it in place wherever it is when you take your hand off it. It is basically invisible (all black) and does the job. Only difference is that you have to roll the throttle closed rather than the spring doing it for you. Maybe you don't leave them on all the time (unless you are a commuter), but if you plan a highway trip this will save you a lot of wrist stress.

I got this advice in my "long distance ride" thread. I have the O-ring and it works swell. Just be sure you remove it if you plan on parking out in the rain or sun for a long time. Also - get a silicon rubber conditioner and apply once a week.

It works...but somehow I cant bring myself to trust it fully. If the throttle ends up binding with the bar end then the results can be quite painful.

Hey GSF!

I wouldn't worry about binding, it's only rubber and a twist of the wrist would easily overpower that little bit of resistance. Did you use it on your odyssey?

I got this advice in my "long distance ride" thread. I have the O-ring and it works swell. Just be sure you remove it if you plan on parking out in the rain or sun for a long time. Also - get a silicon rubber conditioner and apply once a week.

It works...but somehow I cant bring myself to trust it fully. If the throttle ends up binding with the bar end then the results can be quite painful.
+1
idea.gif
My problem with it is the weather and conditions could deteriate the rubber and not only bind the throttle action, but could stop it
wow.gif
! And that could lead to something  REAL BAD  
down.gif
 . Especially since you already say it cancels the return spring when the O-Rings are NEW  
sad.gif

The concept works, but I would only use it as a "long trip" option.

Nice work fellas

Seems like a good idea for a road trip. Thanks for reposting the information.

<!--EDIT|Poppy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154048671 -->

i use the high idle lever meothed. can cruse around 70-75mph

I use my o-ring as a key ring. It's there when I need it and it doesen't scuff anything up when the key is in the ignition.

Went to buy #18 O-ring--Home Depot dude and Lowes dude had them by inches not numbers. Sooo--what size is a #18? Thanks

Back