Throttlemeister ?

eibiskit

Registered
Just installed my Throttlemeister and when I went to test it out The bike either keeps accelerating for decelerating. Not much but noticeable after a couple of seconds. Does anyone else have this problem. It will climb about 10 mph after about 5 seconds or decelerate the same.

Mine is kind of tricky to set. Like you said...either is slows or just keep ramping. Good on flat roads, not so much on any hilly areas.

They are good for long stretches.....

You need to install it properly & set it up correctly.

I've ridden 100,000 miles on my busa(s) using Throttlemeisters & they great. Had on 3 different bikes too.

When set up right, I can ride all day including twisties & not realize it was in the 'on' position.

They come with shims & you've got to get the pressure just right. If issues, call Fred @ Throttlemeister & they can walk you through it.
414-464-6060

Just keep in mind that the Throttlemeister isn't cruise control. It's the ultimate cramp buster.

If you go at it with that mindset you'll be happy as a clam.

If you expect it to be a cruise control, just return it.

Just keep in mind that the Throttlemeister isn't cruise control. It's the ultimate cramp buster.

If you go at it with that mindset you'll be happy as a clam.

If you expect it to be a cruise control, just return it.

Bots is right. It's not going to hold a constant speed for any significant length of time. You'll need a real cruise control unit to make that happen. The Throttlemeister is great to give your right hand a break every now and then, but there's not a whole lot more to it than that. It's a nice addition for long highway rides.

So this is normal. Also. When you roll back the grip there's a small plastic lip around the throttle did you guys shave that off.

I don't remember having to trim anything however it was a couple years ago.

So this is normal. Also. When you roll back the grip there's a small plastic lip around the throttle did you guys shave that off.

Yes, I just used a small file to remove it. It doesn't have to be perfect.

No not normal, as stated before once the shims are right should work fine.

twisting the throttle lock on while holding the throttle steady you may need to get used to. Make sure your bike is not still accelerating when you decide to lock the Meister.
If there is any kind of angle to the road, descending or ascending will affect the speed

I just put mine on and it worked fine. As has been said it is not going to hold a constant speed, only a constant throttle. I used to just add or subtract throttle with it in the set position. Eventually though it kept coming out of adjustment and I had to adjust it every month or two. It also takes awhile to learn how to hold a throttle setting while twisting the bar end! I finally went full cruise, which is awesome. But for what it is, it's a pretty solid performer. I also used a thing called the breakaway cruise (BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control ), which is a bit pricy but is easy to use and pretty fool proof. You just set the throttle and push a little thumb lever. It releases when you hit the front break. Down side is it does not like throttle adjustments while engaged (this works the unit out of adjustment very quickly) like the Throttlemiester allows. Bottom line is these are all good products, but like GsxrBot says "they aren't cruise controls."

Yep, what everyone else said...not a true cruise control, but such great relief on those long trips when you just need to give your hand a break.

It works best on the long flat stretches; won't fluctuate nearly as much...

How many washers are you guys using. When I use any of them there's a gap between the throttle meister and bar end

Back