ThrottleMeister Product Review

Throttlemeister is a family owned business and great to deal with. I have had one on practically every bike I've owned including the current Busa. CBXrider noticed the Valentine front and center and also noticed the near 100mph. What I didn't notice was the little red arrow flashing which at that speed is a very good thing. Gotta love those Valentines and the throttlemeister..making life just a little easier for all motorcyclists. Wardie:thumbsup:

Yeah, I had to slow down for the pic. Had to take off my right glove and get the camera out of my pocket first you know...the Nevada desert is a great area for high speed running, or was that Utah?

DSCN0353Medium.jpg

So if hit the brakes it disengages in a emergency?????Just kidding guys but do you not think there is a safety issue here in a emergency or do you automatically re-grab the throttle and it releses with a slight twist.

I love mine--had 'em on my '06 and now my '08! Where was your write up when I was installing? Could have used your help!:thumbsup:

So if hit the brakes it disengages in a emergency?????Just kidding guys but do you not think there is a safety issue here in a emergency or do you automatically re-grab the throttle and it releses with a slight twist.

Yes there is a safety issue.
They are not idiot proof. :laugh:

Last edited:
The only problems I've ever seen is when someone with heated grips puts the throttlemeister on and sets it. Then a couple minutes later decide to turn the grips on which causes the grip to swell tightening the throttlemeister. I've seen it where the guy had it so tight after the grip heated up that it was really hard to move. Wardie

The only problems I've ever seen is when someone with heated grips puts the throttlemeister on and sets it. Then a couple minutes later decide to turn the grips on which causes the grip to swell tightening the throttlemeister. I've seen it where the guy had it so tight after the grip heated up that it was really hard to move. Wardie

Seems to me that could be a very costly scenario. Life and limb...

I love my Throttlemeister...can't imagine the long trips without it :thumbsup:

Great write up!

Great write-up Scar! Mine are ordered and I can't wait to get them on the bike.

scar? can it be used with aftermarket barends??

As BlueHaya said...they are in fact replacement bar-ends themselves...

If you have more questions, just look at the before/after pix in the article; this thread, post #1.

:beerchug:

Best mod ever! Even better if can save a few dollars and you make it yourself. :laugh:

I made my own two years ago. Here's the link for those who enjoy doing their own mods. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/58192-throttle-lock.html

The ideal is the same. Instead I used an oil cap with a hole I punched into the center(off an amsoil oil bottle). Next step is positioning the oil cap onto the end of the throttle and tapping it to the white plastic sleeve underneath the rubber throttle sleeve to create a friction point (pinch point).

The bar modification is pretty self explanatory looking at my DIY photos.

With your pinkie finger you just spin the bar end weight inward (foward) to pinch the oil cap. After the bar end makes contact with the oil cap it will hold the throttle. Spinning the bar end outward (backwards) releases the friction on the oil cap.

However my lock and release positioning is backward compared to the Throttle Meister Product,but this can be corrected using a left hand tap, bolt and helicoil.

Back