Hot Bodies Racing // A Product Review

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, all...I finally got a PDF of my article in the current issue of Rider's Review.

The attached/following article covers the following products:

1. Rear Tire Hugger
  2. Undertail
  3. Rear Light Covers
...only.

As you will notice, the ram air scoops are NOT addressed in the article. Additionally, I have not addressed the windscreen, either.

Anyway, I hope this article helps some of you~

Scar

Hot Bodies Racing copy.jpg

thx for the post scar. :thumbsup: may have to get those rear light set covers.

Couple days ago, added a place for buy now for that Hot Bodies Undertail. Very cool. Slowly adding more Hot Bodies stuff as it comes available.

08 Hot Bodies Undertail
Buy Now

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_2_225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot Bodies did a good job with this, look how clean it looks. :thumbsup:

hotbodies_undertail_08busa_black_3_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamb has ridden behind scar on a few rides now that he has put these on his hoopdy and the dark lenses over the taillight are a joke. They look great but the visibility is completely unacceptable. The blinkers are invisible and so is the taillight. Lamb can understand running darker blinkers but the taillight is about the only thing, short of reflectors on gear, that lets you be seen in traffic.

His .02, move on!

Lamb has ridden behind scar on a few rides now that he has put these on his hoopdy and the dark lenses over the taillight are a joke. They look great but the visibility is completely unacceptable. The blinkers are invisible and so is the taillight. Lamb can understand running darker blinkers but the taillight is about the only thing, short of reflectors on gear, that lets you be seen in traffic.

His .02, move on!

Wow, no way would I want that! Looking cool has its limits. :poke:

Wow, no way would I want that! Looking cool has its limits. :poke:

Indeed...everyone has their perspective and different envelope edges... I, too, think the tail light should be as visible as possible...but I had an obligation to Hot Bodies Racing to use these products and review them.

Lamb...I'm really grateful that you stood up and said what you really thought.

I have fulfilled my commitment to Hot Bodies Racing. ...and I hope that everyone who sees my pictures and reads my words will benefit from my experience.

:beerchug:

so Scar, does that mean you're getting rid of the lense covers? cuz you know...I could maybe take those off your hands :poke::whistle::poke::whistle: :laugh:

I have the hotbodies tail lenses, they work fine the only time its a problem is when the sun is directly beating down on them, then they are alittle harder to see the blinkers/brakelight. I've also had police behind me several times and if they were that big of a deal then they would've stopped me for sure. At night its pretty much the same thing, they are alittle darker then normal but all you gotta do is replace the bulbs with a brighter one. Some like the mod, others don't, its your personal preference basically, they definetly clean it up back there.

2947487622_d1ec18b92b.jpg

Also forgot to mention that after time, the sun will start to fade them out alittle, when you get the tail-light lens covers out of the box they are pretty dark... give it 6 months to a year in the sun and im sure that'll improve visibility of the lights themselves if you don't get brighter bulbs put in.

I ohmost got their hugger but decided to go with the vented power bronze hugger, and I really like it.

BTW good review of the products, keep it real.

Last edited:
so Scar, does that mean you're getting rid of the lense covers? cuz you know...I could maybe take those off your hands :poke::whistle::poke::whistle: :laugh:

Mike...you crack me up, bro.

Who knows...I might end up liking the HBR (current) better than the Clear Alternatives...

:dunno:

Look forward to chattin' atcha this afternoon. :beerchug:

Excellent article my friend. I was gracious enough to personally experience, for myself, how cool those tail light covers looked. :bowdown::thumbsup:

Back