throttle boddies gen2 on gen1

ANRKY

Registered
Hi Peeps
I'm tyring to get some gen2 throttle boddies on to my gen1 bike.
I think I have the electrix sorted but the phisical differance between them is making mounting them problematic.
Has anyone done this already or have an idea of how to go about it ??

MVC-009F-1.jpg

MVC-008F-1.jpg

MVC-007F-3.jpg

I have been working on installing Gen 2 cylinder head on a Gen 1. Also use the Gen 1 throttle bodies on the Gen 2 head. The Billet adapter in the pics above is for the Gen 2 airbox to mate to the Gen 1 throttle bodies.

I know this is opposite of what ARNKY is trying to do

Heya Gixx1300R!

What is your thinking on using the Gen I TB's on the Gen II head, as well as using the Gen II airbox on the Gen I frame(i think thats what you are doing?)???

IIRC(and this is going back more than a few years:whistle:), didn't you run RC-51 injectors in your Gen I Busa? It was the 02-up(SP-2) 12 hole injectors.

Heya Gixx1300R!

What is your thinking on using the Gen I TB's on the Gen II head, as well as using the Gen II airbox on the Gen I frame(i think thats what you are doing?)???

IIRC(and this is going back more than a few years:whistle:), didn't you run RC-51 injectors in your Gen I Busa? It was the 02-up(SP-2) 12 hole injectors.

The Gen 2 head and airbox flows more air than the Gen 1. It will yeld more horsepower. I used CBRXX 12 hole injectors. They allowed ore fine tuning and better throttle response.

The Gen 2 head and airbox flows more air than the Gen 1. It will yeld more horsepower. I used CBRXX 12 hole injectors. They allowed ore fine tuning and better throttle response.
I figured as much, but what about th gen I TB's? I guess it would work easier electronics wise and pretty much make it a bolt-on swap vs changing all the wiring?
I believe the cbr 12 hole injectors are the same as the RC-51's. I picked up a set to install on my 03.
Does the gen II head flow more box stk? I know it has Ti valves and the exhaust cam is larger than the gen I. Wonder If there would be a benifit to the swap on a stk motor?(not counting the cam swap)

This all started from swaping the ecu to an 08 modle to remove all the stock limmiters & has now stuck at a hardwear problem unless I go with the gen 1 throttle bodies then it becomes an electrical/programing problem. Finding a set of inlet boots to suit sounds easier but d'ya think I can find some ???? not yet anyway.

Back