This Might Be Very NEWBIE Of Me But....

A lot of time I'll raise the rear with the stand and then run a 5/8" steel rod through the frames center hole and place back down on two jack stands (one on either side)...keeps the rear suspension unloaded and takes most of the weight off the front suspension as well.

Not to mention the bike is as sturdy as it gets for maintenance.

Yesterday - we were washing the bike together *(my kids and I). we put it up on the rear stand. It's so much easier to get at everything with the bike standing straight up. Then we had to clean the chain and rear wheel from all the chain wax - what a messy job. It's a nightmare to do without a rear stand. With it - you can spin the wheel freely and really get the job done. Without it - it'll be too much hassle.

Just an example of well spent $79 for a rear stand. And ditto what the others said.

For me, my drain pan for oil changes barely fit under the bike with it on the stands, if I didnt have it on its stands I would not be able to use the drain pan I have. could allways get another one I guess. just makes it easier.

Specially working on the left side, just seems easier to work on the bike when it is straight up than when it is leaning on the side you are trying to work on

(labs 4 sale @ Apr. 01 2007,09:30) how well does it work using the front and rear stands with only one person?
It is a little nerve racking at first...you don't want to drop your baby. Just have a friend help you
at first...after you do it a few times, it's easy  
wink.gif

This might be a repeat, but if you store your ride it takes up less room on stand. I need to purchase a set myself.

(dadofthree @ Apr. 01 2007,10:31) This might be a repeat, but if you store your ride it takes up less room on stand. I need to purchase a set myself.
Yeah I think somebody did point that out
tounge.gif

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 01 2007,10:44)
(RedRaceReadyRocket @ Apr. 01 2007,08:40) Throttlemeister?

Okay I just came to the realiazation I am a true newb at this stuff.  Please explain.  

Thank God I found you guys, I would of been up the creek with out a paddle (Bike Stands & Throttlemeister) LOL
Throttlemeister replaces your stock bar ends on your handle bars...it's like cruise control for a bike.

Kinda nice if you do long trips
wink.gif
Okay, ring one of these up for me also. I can't stand being on the throttle the entire time on the interstate. Any good spots to get one? How much aprox?

Pitbull stands. Look on Ebay and find you a set. I bought both of mine used for $200 shipped.

Am I the only one who cringes in fright
wow.gif
at the sight of a busa torn down like the one in pipfighter248's picture. Its kinda like the opening scene in the old TV show quincy. Remember when he would pull the sheet off the corpse and half of the cops would faint?

Come to my garage, i have an 04' and a 07' in about the same state.

throttlemeister link contact any of the sponsors (GoldenChild, StreetnTrack, Jester0769,etc.), they should be able to hook you up

redline stands link they are a sponsor or you can go through Mr. Cycles (vman1300) there is a link on the main portal page

Back