Might be a major problem and need advice quick!!

MLSDUKE1

Live from Mom's basement
Registered
My Busa has been kinda sluggish lately compared to when I first got her. Yesterday I noticed I could smell oil burning and there is a lot of smoke coming from the exhausts whether idle or WOT. Are my rings going bad? What do I do? I really wanted to wait until I got back from my next deployment to get the 1638 big bore kit but now I'm not so sure if I SHOULD wait. Advice please!

Find out how the oil is getting in the cylinders and making the smoke.

Might be as simple as it is over full on oil.

Is the smoke blue or black? A faulty or unhooked MAP sensor will cause over-fueling and black smoke with no power. Also if the pair valves are not disabled the extra fuel will cause the exhaust to be really really hot, burning any oil on or near it.

The exhaust is a blue hue. The pair valve was completely deleted and the airbox was capped off. The plates were installed above the headers as well. Where is the MAP sensor?

1. How many miles are on the bike?
2. What color is the smoke?
3. How many miles since your last sparkplug change?
4. Whens the last time you checked/cleaned/changed the air filter?

If you've kept your oil changed even close to recomended and the bike has less than 200K on the odo i seriously doubt there's any ring wear/blow-by..gotta be sumptin simple but most times we all always think the worst at 1st.

here's another one that needs to learn to jump the diagnostics port to see if it codes out.

It has a whopping 2800 miles on it and no that is not a typo, 2 8 0 0. The smoke is a blueish hue and it has about 300 miles on a new K&N filter. I JUST changed the oil as well as the clutch and I figured the spark plugs should be good since it has such low miles. Its a 2005.

The MAP is behind the throttle bodies.

Has the oil level gone down since your bike started smoking?

Did it start smoking all of a sudden?

Blue smoke definitely sounds bad. Wipe you finger inside the end of your exhaust pipe. Ideal would be dry, sooty black or gray. Oil would be, ummm, oily. Coolant is usually slippery black, but washes off easily with water, whereas oil needs soap to wash off. Excessively rich gas will leave a very carbony black residue, not as slippery as oil.

It has a whopping 2800 miles on it and no that is not a typo, 2 8 0 0. The smoke is a blueish hue and it has about 300 miles on a new K&N filter. I JUST changed the oil as well as the clutch and I figured the spark plugs should be good since it has such low miles. Its a 2005.

The spark plugs will NOT cause a smoking problem.

If your K+N is over oiled that could be causing your smoke.

I'll wipe it when I get home, I'll be on later tonight but I won't get home until about 11:30 Mountain Time. Anything suggested I will look into. I didn't notice any oily residue, just the smoke.

Is it pulling oil from the breather??Cant remember but is there a pcv valve.Valve seals normally only smoke on start-up from oil running onto the valve but guess they can be worse and pull by.Check the throttle bodies and see if there is oil in there as well.

How did you guys go from GixerHp's joke of Valve Stem seals to Valve seals?

Unless you absolutely beat the crap out of it for those 2800 miles I find it hard to believe anything could really be wrong with it.
I'm leaning toward something simple like the K&N having too much oil on it.

How did you guys go from GixerHp's joke of Valve Stem seals to Valve seals?

Unless you absolutely beat the crap out of it for those 2800 miles I find it hard to believe anything could really be wrong with it.
I'm leaning toward something simple like the K&N having too much oil on it.

yes that's my thoughts too

Back