AM I AN OLDIE?

Am I a newbie?
i have only been here since Jan2004
have lots of riding experience
but I also feel the the hayabusa community is getting younger.
And it makes me feel older unless I am on the bike
biggrin.gif

I've been gone from the board for awhile... I got addicted to pocketbikes and began surfing pb forums. I'm over the initial addiction so I'm back.
laugh.gif

actually , Cloud9 sorta picked up on sumfin . Its not so much an oldie thing , as a phase thing . "The BORED" seems to go thru different phases , or as I suggested in other posts...
generations .
I would guess the BORED is into PHASE FOUR. It is [the board] that pretty much determines how things run/feel,sure,Cap't owns the site, but its the congregation that makes up the fellowship...or in this case(as Cloud suggested,the lack there of).
phase 1: Lobusa,Marc,Purple,Stun,Big 0,etc
these folk dont come around much. Some were offened I think....(oops...bad Rubbah) or simply got bored.

phase 2: Monsta,Sled,Rubbah,Rev,etc
these folk still pop in now again , especially that annoyin fuggin' net-nanny Revlis

phase 3: Mikey,a few other good 1's, etc

phase 4: more newbies askin' dumb questions,etc

For me, the board will never be as good as it was when the folk from Gen 2 were gettin it goin' with the Gen 3 folk.
Dont get me wrong, the first "gen'rs" were some cool folk, but also some not so cool. They had some hang-ups about the site. I think sometimes they 4got they were on the internet.
I think now for the most part things fly and are fun because of a few, a very few Gen 1'ers, a half dozen GenTOOers, but for the most part... the Gen 3 peepul.

dont fill my box with hate mail.... its not about anybody,if yer name got mentioned it did....if it didn't....

I'll tell ya what makes this site great in my opinion:

info,humour,facts.....but mostly, I'm always blown away by character . Some of the dudes on this site are fuggin' A , # 1 , stand up dudes.

Examples: some dickwad came on here trying to sell his stock exhaust set up...for 175 bucks plus shipping...
go get fugged boy. LongbowIP sent me a stainless set-up for free . Thats what makes this site cool.
Plastics comin' from Grabntwist , he said "No worries Bro".
Another stand up guy .
First time I met Monstaspeedfreak....I said "Hey cool chaingaurd".....
He said...."you want it" . Walked over to his toolbox grabbed a driver pulled the thing, an' thru it to me.
VERY COOL GUY .

there's some examples of late Gen 1/Gen 2/early Gen 3....

I quit the site a couple times....boredom, people steamroll right over yer post without REALLY READING IT. They pickout little things from the first 3 lines...., whiney bidtches,guys selling snakeoil(no offence Snake) etc etc.

IT does unfortunately move forth. In a direction not so pre-determined .

I just try an' chum with the good folk , forget about the fugs. You know, the "Used Car Salesman" kind of a guy.

I think for the most part people just have life on Full Blast.
High Speed . Nuclear. Which is sometimes ok , but I think for the most part , you roll right over the cool things , to spend yer time on the unworthy things .

just me, my two sense , an' yes , I can make change.

The line forms to the left. hav a complete 1....RSD.

actually , Cloud9 sorta picked up on sumfin . Its not so much an oldie thing , as a phase thing .   "The BORED" seems to go thru different phases , or as I suggested in other posts...
 generations .
I would guess the BORED is into PHASE FOUR. It is [the board] that pretty much determines how things run/feel,sure,Cap't owns the site, but its the congregation that makes up the fellowship...or in this case(as Cloud suggested,the lack there of).
   phase 1:  Lobusa,Marc,Purple,Stun,Big 0,etc
these folk dont come around much. Some were offened I think....(oops...bad Rubbah) or simply got bored.

phase 2:  Monsta,Sled,Rubbah,Rev,etc
these folk still pop in now again , especially that annoyin fuggin' net-nanny Revlis

phase 3:  Mikey,a few other good 1's, etc

phase 4:  more newbies askin' dumb questions,etc

For me, the board will never be as good as it was when the folk from Gen 2 were gettin it goin' with the Gen 3 folk.
 Dont get me wrong, the first "gen'rs" were some cool folk, but also some not so cool.  They had some hang-ups about the site. I think sometimes they 4got they were on the internet.
             I think now for the most part things fly and are fun because of a few, a very few Gen 1'ers, a half dozen GenTOOers, but for the most part... the Gen 3 peepul.

dont fill my box with hate mail....  its not about anybody,if yer name got mentioned it did....if it didn't....

I'll tell ya what makes this site great in my opinion:

info,humour,facts.....but mostly, I'm always blown away by character .  Some of the dudes on this site are fuggin' A , # 1 , stand up dudes.

Examples:  some dickwad came on here trying to sell his stock exhaust set up...for 175 bucks plus shipping...
    go get fugged boy.    LongbowIP sent me a stainless set-up for free .   Thats what makes this site cool.
  Plastics comin' from Grabntwist , he said "No worries Bro".
     Another stand up guy .  
  First time I met Monstaspeedfreak....I said "Hey cool chaingaurd".....
   He said...."you want it" .   Walked over to his toolbox grabbed a driver pulled the thing, an' thru it to me.
   VERY COOL GUY .

there's some examples of late Gen 1/Gen 2/early Gen 3....

I quit the site a couple times....boredom, people steamroll right over yer post without REALLY READING IT.   They pickout little things from the first 3 lines...., whiney bidtches,guys selling snakeoil(no offence Snake) etc etc.

IT does unfortunately move forth.  In a direction not so pre-determined .

I just try an' chum with the good folk , forget about the fugs.  You know, the "Used Car Salesman" kind of a guy.

I think for the most part people just have life on Full Blast.
 High Speed . Nuclear.  Which is sometimes ok , but I think for the most part , you roll right over the cool things , to spend yer time on the unworthy things .

just me, my two sense ,    an' yes , I can make change.

The line forms to the left.    hav a complete 1....RSD.
Sift thru enough navy beans and your gonna find a few bad ones....I don't know what I just said...What I mean is there are good people even great people all over this world and this board has been a direct link into that fact....but with that your gonna have your down right pricks walking thru the same world trying to bring everyone else down to their little screwed up version of it....you know...misery loves company.

People sign on to check this board out, write their 22.5 posts to get their ya ya's out, then they go back to their little world where ever that may be never to be heard from again. I've seen a plethora of these people in the last 6 months come on here with their... who the hell are you... attitude and piss everyone else off, then go back to the hole they crawled out of never to be heard from again....After dealing with so many of these a-holes one after another, the good ones just end up not chiming in anymore.

Time tells who the good people are and I definately am not talking about the majority of newcomers on here..I try and welcome everyone as they start up on this board and I'll continue to do so....but I am talking about the few that screw it all up for everyone else. All people start with an "A" in my book...there's just that few that end up walkin' away with an "F".

The good people on this site...you know who you are, you don't need to hear your name to know...make this board shine and give it its great reputation. Unfortunately that great rep brings everyone out of the woodwork...even the bad navy beans.

Just my .02......

Keep on rockin'!!

Dan

ur_it,

nice post. After reading your bit about welcoming newbies... I must say, I am in part a busa owner cuz of the board. I had my harley all signed for and held w/ a deposit. However, I wasn't feeling all that elated-- in the back on my mind was the busa. I came home and did a few searches, then arrived on planet hayabusa.org.

I combed through the archives from years past and was very impressed not only with the vast amount of info, but the esprit de corps here. I was at the zuk dealer the next morning piping with enthusiasm. Once I made the decision to go with the busa, the welcoming I got in this community really added to the package, enthusiasm, anticipation, etc, etc take your pick of adjective/s.

You reminded me of that, for my welcoming I owe some sincere thanks to:

bigbsbusa
sageronin
glyn
copperone
pipefighter
the one and only revlis (the closet pit bull lover!)
rob'sbus
jbusa
blkblu04
yello_ranger
timmyduck
zukracer
and last, but certainly not least thrasherfox

let's face it, there's only so many questions one can pose about mods, oil, maint, issues, etc and the board already got most of 'em covered. IMHO the value of the board is the community of people involved and to serve as a meetingplace for folks with at least one thing in common--- the busa.

-snake

You reminded me of that, for my welcoming I owe some sincere thanks to:

bigbsbusa
sageronin
glyn
copperone
pipefighter
the one and only revlis (the closet pit bull lover!)
rob'sbus
jbusa
blkblu04
yello_ranger
timmyduck
zukracer
and last, but certainly not least --- the busa.

-snake
just what in the fug is all this tripe.

you 4get sum1....you grilled cheese eatin' bastid.

no offense pinhead-- the list is those that welcomed me day 1... not those that have amused me since with their colorful prose. At that list, your #1

tounge.gif

Back