Footpeg question

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay guys....totally newbie question coming!
I see so many people mod'ing the bike to make it indivually thiers, yet they leave the stock footpegs on. Is ther a reason for this? Those things are huge! I am just wondering. I took mine off so long ago that I don't even remember what it was like with them on......so what gives?

what kinda pegs do you have , i like the rear sets but they are $$$$$ and i havent seen too many peg pics heard alot about them , but havent seen pics ? definatly on my list just domt know which direction to go ? buel/gixxer/tl1000 but i havent seen pics , i think it was the vortex rearsets that i realy liked

I went with Protek pegs on mine.

Baby_J__31_Jul_05____5.JPG

Aw, BBS-
Now how am I gonna post a pic of the trailer park busa after that money shot???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I left the stockers on the passengers sets but changed mine to simple aluminum barrels....let me did around and see if I have a pic that shows 'em up close.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127703446 -->

biggrin.gif

Ive got a set of Vortex rear sets coming in in black so these Gilles ones will have to go.

Aw, BBS-
Now how am I gonna post a pic of the trailer park busa after that money shot???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 I left the stockers on the passengers sets but changed mine to simple aluminum barrels....let me did around and see if I have a pic that shows 'em up close.
Definitely wouldn't call your bike a trailer park anything!

biggrin.gif

Don't they get in the way when you're trying to get your heel or toe in to put the side stand down? They don't look like they fold in?

Okay guys....totally newbie question coming!
I see so many people mod'ing the bike to make it indivually thiers, yet they leave the stock footpegs on. Is ther a reason for this? Those things are huge! I am just wondering. I took mine off so long ago that I don't even remember what it was like with them on......so what gives?
IMO the stock foor pegs are the best for me. I have tried a couple of different foot pegs on the busa... but the stock were the most comfortable, and did a good job of filtering out the viberations. Thats why I have my stock pegs...

I have the Gilles also. Beware, they aren't as adjustable as they look. Can't really go lower than stock because they hit the pipe. Also, they make my feet go numb after 500 miles due to vibration (Not a problem if you don't tour the busa). They don't have the rubber on them like the stockers. Very nice looking and well-built though. If you want to raise your pegs, they are perfect.

Been wondering why I haven't changed mine myself.....Don't have the bucks for rearsets, but would like to replace the bulky rubber pegs with something a little more appropriate.

hey are TL pegs a good replacement? the stock ones seem to hurt now on long rides now about 1hrs worth. jus that I am 6ft tall and my legs seems to be up too high. So the TL pegs will be a great drop in replacement?

the will look like this 25$

<!--EDIT|HayaBoosta03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127740919 -->

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, no pics yet, but...

The TL1000R pegs are great! They lower your feet 3/4", they retain a rubber pad, AND they match the stock rear pegs! If you're really picky (like me), you want your front and rear pegs to look like they were made to go together.
tounge.gif

Any year TL1000R pegs will do, but remember to order 2 spacers along with the pegs (Suzuki part # 09180-08149) This is a DROP-IN mod. No cutting, grinding or swearing involved.

Or you could do what i did. When my Busa was new, i drove up to the dealer, talked with the main sales guy and swapped my Busa pegs for the TL ones right there. It helped that the TL was a used bike.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127750131 -->

I love seeing the delivery truck pull up to the house. Just got these in today and will be installing them first thing in the afternoon.

vor1.JPG

Back