buell footpegs

hemi

Registered
might order a set of buell footpegs for my 08 busa but had a few questions. I heard someone say when u do this mod and are leaning good in a corner that your actual boot/shoe will drag the pavement bc of getting rid of the stock 6" long feelers on the pegs. I don't lean my bike too far, i'm kind of a whimp in the corners, but i think i would crap my pants if i leaned it too far one time and my boot caught the road. Is this a big issue installing these pegs. My friend has the same bike and i rode his a few times before i bought mine, he has the pegs and it is a very noticeable difference and feels so much better than my stockers

My boot did touch when cornering but my is bike lowered also which is what i think made the boot touch.

Just put the balls of your feet up on the pegs when you take a corner . The first time I caught my boot I almost crap my pants.

My boots drag if I fail to remember to do what rtgt says, above. With bals on pegs, the feet never drag.

CW

Like others said, if you ride like you're supposed to, with the balls of your feet on the pegs or at least near them, you'll be fine.

My bike is lowered and with pegs, and yes, if I want to, I can drag my boot in a corner. But if I ride with the balls near or on the pegs I can lean and carve just fine.

Yep, balls of the feet on the pegs works. Kind of hard with long legs and big feet, but it made riding the Dragon much better.

Balls of your foot! It's the :rulez: if you are gonna ride a corner hard. Peg mod here and big feet with big biker boots on them. only drag the sides if i have the peg stuck in front of my heel. Buy them, you'll love them!

Back