This kid should not be locked up!

Looks cool, but those barrels are there for a reason. Some one could have became confused at the lack of revision markers and been hurt. Long shot I know but how many times to people hit parked cars?

better he had bought the barrels and made the sculpture then placed it . as for rubberneckers... you get them anywhere these days

Way to go Raleigh PD. Nice job on making yourselves look like you have nothing better to do. Oh wait...I live there :whistle:

They will not do prints for home break-ins or car/bike theft but will for something of this nature????????????
Thing is, this probably would be an effective (???) means of getting peeps attention.:whistle:
Just saying, it hardly fits the bill of a serious threat to the safety/lives of others to consider this a high priority case.:poke:..........:bowdown::beerchug:
I am sure the artist satiated a need,if this continued,I could see a problem.
Man ,times sure have changed.:rulez:

Fully agree, how could they find the time and resources to dust for fingerprints when far more serious 'crimes' go unsolved. Kid should be happy though, they use to put people in stocks or have public floggings!

PD's have lots of people working at the same time....its really not a giant drain on resources to have some barrels dusted fingerprints...

if you do some research...it appear the police had an idea who created the statue, because it resembled other works done around the city.

and it was signed....

if the reporters had actually wanted to present the facts, and not thier viewpoint they would have told us this guy has done this before, and the fingerprints were not used to find the artist. they are used as evidence to prove he did it.

Last edited:
Well, they couldnt be bothered to dust when our family home was broken into!!!!
Then again this is just every day news ,not some agregious barrel crime!:moon::moon:
If you notice a trend, the news really cannot be bothered with simple break-ins,might give people the wrong impression.:poke: After all there are plenty of speeders to cull.:whistle:no thinking,crime solving involved.

PD's have lots of people working at the same time....its really not a giant drain on resources to have some barrels dusted fingerprints...

if you do some research...it appear the police had an idea who created the statue, because it resembled other works done around the city.

and it was signed....

if the reporters had actually wanted to present the facts, and not thier viewpoint they would have told us this guy has done this before, and the fingerprints were not used to find the artist. they are used as evidence to prove he did it.

Yeah well, they could use fingerprints to prove the identity of someone who breaks into a home or car as well, for example, if the things stolen from the home or car turned up in a pawn shop...

I've had vehicles broken into before and was told flat out that having someone come out to fingerprint would be too much work.

I guess barrels belonging to construction companies are a MUCH higher priority than a persons belongings.

That being said, the guy SHOULD be charged with a crime. Why? because what he did (destroying private property in the form of barrels) is against the law!

This guy is talented and news to find a better outlet for those talents...

no doubt it's cool, but you can't have everyone picking up other people's property and defacing it.

the cops already knew who made the statue.....they were not using the prints to find him, they were using the prints prove thier case and get an arrest warrant...

there is a difference....

the cops already knew who made the statue.....they were not using the prints to find him, they were using the prints prove thier case and get an arrest warrant...

there is a difference....

Sure there is: the property that was damaged belonged to an entity that pays more in taxes than I do.

My point still stands that, if it doesnt take much work to take fingerprints, then why cant they do that on cases where the loss is MUCH higher than a few barrels, especially if, down the road, the stuff turns up? Without taking fingerprints at the scene, all you're going to be able to nail someone on is possession of stolen property, not the theft itself.

he did destroy other people property.....some damages are in order.

says the company(the owners of the barrels) had no problem with what he did to them. So if they had no problem with don't so what the big deal is. but then again weren't these things like guiding traffic through a construction zone:laugh:

kinda suckif he made it harder on traffic flow.. I am torn well he wouldn't be the first great artist to be thrown in jail for self expression:laugh:

Back