Looking up

ditchdr

Registered
So things are looking up for the old Ditch Dr. Jessica and I are back together ( run forrest run), we got a new house in town, Jake started school, my anxiety is under better control.

Still dont have a running bike, but with work being so busy I am sure it wont be long. As faqr as work goes i dumped a bunch of money into the company and took on a business partner ( more on him in a min). Got a new mower, 2 new trailers, a giant pressue washer, invested in some more marketing, as well as other odd and ends, Oh and a newer truck,( still dont drive it lol).

The house is nothing super speacial. 1500 SF 3 bed ranch, no garage (yet) 1.5 bath. But its nice, and the neighbors are cool (ex Marine and wife on one side, and mid 40's diesel tech and family on the other).
The back porch was conveterd into a room of sorts. Its 15 wide by 30 long. I have claimed it the Kingdom Of Matttoria. My man cave, well my office/studio/man cave lol.

My new business partner is a old friend of mine who is not doing so well. he was a Dr at MUSC and had to medicaly retire at 50 years old. Seems his kidneys are no longer working, his body is riddled with gout and is a diabetic. Dr has told him he has between 1 to 5 years to live. I feel so bad for him. He is really a nice guy and does truely love helping people. Of course telling him I feel bad is a big no no. He does not want pitty, or anything. He shows up at the house at 7am every day he is not in dialysis and does paper work for the company, as well as runs down commercial sales leads for us. He refuses to let me pay him, and is forever bringing new stuff over. I did give him the newer truck to drive. Seems he needs the A/C more then me lol. He has no family or at least none to speak of. I tell everyone he is my uncle. I willl really be in bad shape when he passes on to his reward, but he has left me everything in his will, with instructions to throw a party for him at his death. Wants to celebrate his life, not mourn his passing. I think its a cool idea. Jake loves him. I get home around 4 or 5 most days and Jake and him are watching cartoons in the office lol.

business is going great, I am so busy i am considering hiring some help, but having been down that road before I am little worried.

Jake loves school, and will come wake me up at 6:30 in the morings so he can go.

Oh and my weight loss is now up to 95 pounds!!! Might have to change my name ot Big Sexy lol.

Well there you have it, sorry i have been absent for a while but life is hetic

Glad to hear, I think :laugh:

I would love to lose 95 pounds. Best of luck with the business.

Good on you, DD! Great to see how things can work out in spite of having to go through some rough times. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

thats fantastic....and .....be and enjoy your good friend

Great news! Glad to hear things are going well for you again. Also want to congratulate you on the weight loss. :thumbsup:

Back