At 3:00pm this past friday ***NOT KID SAFE***

Finish your 1st problem of kicking the pill addiction,then tackle the 2nd problem of your families attitude towards you. Problem 2 will come into place once problem 1 is over and done with.

You family might not be intentionally trying to get under your skin,but your just now realizing how life has been now that your sober? Your family will also need time to adjust to the sober you again. YOUR FAMILY IS STILL THERE! THAT ALONE SHOULD MAKE A STATEMENT! They had to adapt to the way you were and they will adapt to the way you are now going to be. Don't be to hard on yourself or them. Let time heal...

Don't skip no more meals. You need the nutrients to help you stay strong both physically and most importantly... Mentally! don't need to be a health nut,but eat when your suppose to.

Hang in there,every aspect of your life is going to take time to get back in order. :rulez:

Ever herd of tough love? Just quit being so damn selfish and stupid or you know what your family wont be there anymore and hey dont feel bad that was your choice you will be able to say that you chosen drugs over real life itself:rofl: Dumbass wake up straighten yourself up and enjoy the best adiction there will ever and could ever be---your family:rulez: I really hope you make the right choice but if not then just get ran over by a car so others wont have to deal with your rediculas crap anymore:laugh:

There is some tough love sorry it's all I have to offer.

Bill-Although I haven't been on here long, nor have I even spoke to you once, please take the following with all the respect possible.

Good on you for taking the big step of getting off of the Oxys! Obviously you saw the light, and made a huge step in improving your personal life, as well as helping to correct your financial woes.

Take it easy in your new sober state. No doubt as you have said that they had taken advantage of your previous state, however, you cannot expect them to change the moment you become sober. Don't be so quick to jump on your family...it's an adjustment period for them as well as yourself, dealing with the "new you." Take it easy, slow, and make deliberate steps to mend the relationships with your wife and children. Jumping straight to hard ass status can only serve to push them away, making it even harder to maintain your new fragile sober state! Remember to show your kids the most love that you can...while at the same time not letting them step over the line.

Lastly, please don't show disrespect to our Lord, just to display your anger over a statement made by your family. He stood by you through your recent hard times...do the same for Him. This should also be clearly visible to your family! The lord has let plenty of "punks" to speak to him, don't let someone else's statement make you step away. Be the father and leader of your household at all times. Never step away from that role as the leader of your family dinners, no matter what the current status of the conversation.

In short...Love your family, love the Lord, and TAKE IT EASY through this big adjustment period. Your family will continue to love you, but the adjustment period WILL take some time.

Best of luck in your new better life!---Nick

well said and thank you...i needed to read/hear that...as "SENSE" seems to be making sense to me finally as...

Last night?..nite #7?...i fell hard...future son-in-law stopped by and asked if he could watch a race on speedvision (which i have and his moms house doesnt) and i told'im sure...he just gotta new job last week with "Florida Green"..a real job..well paid with healthcare benes, paid vacation/holidays and all..no longer a pizza delivery boy after 18months of doin it..and?..the son of the man who owns this multi-million dollar corp. he works for?..his name is Ryan Rust (believe i remembered the name right)..he's 19 years old...graduated treasure coast HS w/ my oldest daughter and?..he's also the person responsible for starting and founding the "Adopt A Marine" foundation..in like 2005..and last night was his 1st (of 11 races before he can proceed to get his nascar race license) race in the nascar truck series..poled like 35th but overtook several other privateers in his 1st race against the likes of Kyle Bush and Bodine...not bad for a 19 year old but...i couldn't even finish watching the race...had a 3 alarm migrain and had to excuse myself and go to bed at 8:00..then slept hard for the 1st time in seven nights..lotsa dreams..lotsa nightmares...then?...at 6:30am?..10 hours later?..woke up feeling way different..almost like i was 1/2 sane instead of 1/2 delerious..and then went to work for 1/2 day this saturday morning..needed the cash..and now?..i'm thinking of running to home depot for a new kitchen faucet and front porch light...and maybe surprise the old lady by getting both installed b4 she gets home...god did i let this place go in my addiction.

anyways...thank you all for standing by my side through this..sorry for all the drama and?..

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Ever herd of tough love? Just quit being so damn selfish and stupid or you know what your family wont be there anymore and hey dont feel bad that was your choice you will be able to say that you chosen drugs over real life itself:rofl: Dumbass wake up straighten yourself up and enjoy the best adiction there will ever and could ever be---your family:rulez: I really hope you make the right choice but if not then just get ran over by a car so others wont have to deal with your rediculas crap anymore:laugh:

There is some tough love sorry it's all I have to offer.

thanks..but while it seems you have a real firm grip on the concept of tuff luv?..i wouldnt recommend you ever seek a career in any addiction related counciling..but i truely do hope you benefited from your apparent "Venting" process..heal well my brother...l8r, bill. ???

Remember, your family has been exposed to the 'old' you now for, how long? a couple years? And they know what you've been doing? It will take some time to prove to them that you are going to stay clean and sober, and THAT will garnish more respect by your actions than you can ever get by words. Give them time too. Respect must be earned, and I don't know if you have done that in the past several years...keep at it. Slow and steady beats flash/bang.

I've been going along with a buddy who had the same problems as you, he's been cleaning up for about the last 6 months, the alchohol went first and now he is working on his other problems, its been a rough few months but since he's like a brother i have stayed beside him through it, everyday i can see a change in him for the better. Keep your head up and stay strong and you'll get through it look back and be glad you did

Remember, your family has been exposed to the 'old' you now for, how long? a couple years? And they know what you've been doing? It will take some time to prove to them that you are going to stay clean and sober, and THAT will garnish more respect by your actions than you can ever get by words. Give them time too. Respect must be earned, and I don't know if you have done that in the past several years...keep at it. Slow and steady beats flash/bang.

i agree..it's going to take some time..time i'll use to practice up on my patience & understanding...then?...only time will tell..but from what i hear?...time heals all wounds..and "this too shall pass"...one day at a time.

Thanks again & L8R, Bill. :cool:

I've been going along with a buddy who had the same problems as you, he's been cleaning up for about the last 6 months, the alchohol went first and now he is working on his other problems, its been a rough few months but since he's like a brother i have stayed beside him through it, everyday i can see a change in him for the better. Keep your head up and stay strong and you'll get through it look back and be glad you did

sounds like your friend has a wonderful friend..thanks for being a good friend. :bowdown: :thumbsup:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Back