This ever happen to you - it sucks

the bee fly away dance.....ooh that is too funny...only because it happened to me. In 1974, I'm pulling up to an intersection....and these wasps converge on me. Two end up inside the jacket and started their stinging party.....I get off the bike and start stripping right in front of everyone....its was like a dance.....before it was over, I had 3 stings on my back. This was on my 71 Norton 750 Commando....I was right near a pharmacy where I worked. I headed into the pharmacy and my boss gave me some nice potions to take away the pain....

smacked by a yeelow jacket in neck at about 70. The only exposed skin available and the fugger got me. Stinger first!
sad.gif

What would be truly scary is to be alergic to the stings... That could cause soem real problems.

I had something very similar happen:
I felt some type of bug crawling up my back and thought is was just a random insect. So I'm cruising along all hunky-dory and thought "what the heck, just roll my shoulders forward and the pressure of my jacket will squish the little bugger" Well, 9 bites on my back later I was quickly pulling to the side of the road. I jumped off the bike, threw my jacket off, then stripped off my t-shirt while doing this funky retro back-slapping dance. Off flew a yellow jacket wasp!
Once I settled down, I looked up-and there was a police car with the officer standing by. His eyes were HUGE. I just stood there for a moment not knowing what to say. Finally I asked him to check my back, that I just got stung several times. He started laughing and said, "Oh! yeah! I thought you'd cracked or something, the way you veered to the side and started stripping!!"

It was one sore ride back home...

-Nick

had one fly in my open screen on my helmet freaked out it flew away.

Had one apparently come in through the vent in my helmet, but at the time thought that it was just my moustache poking me in the side of the mouth, so of course I picked at my moustache with my lips, and got a fuzzy little treat. Luckily it was only half the bee, tasted gross, and I spit it out quick. Now I pull over before I chew on my moustache.

Thats nothing, I put my helmet on once and realized that it wasn't my helmet , It was a bee hive!
tounge.gif

Riding along in traffic I had a bumble bee get stuck in the folds of my jeans...Felt like someone stabbed me with a knife...So I am trying to ride one handed as I punch and smack my leg...To make it worse the stinger go stuck in my jeans...And for the next 5 min kept poking me in the same area....Funny story none the less.

Yup...been there done that. Something got inside my shirt while riding. Stung me about 5 times. Pulled over but never saw it. Started havin a hard time breathing, but recovered after a few minutes.

Damn, have been pelted by flying critters but never had any inside the helmet. Did get a spider in the helmet from leaving it on the bike in the garage. Started crawling once I was riding, damn near jumped off the bike. New rule, helmet in the house...

Took my gloves off before undoing my helmet one time and one time only because I lovely little bee was waiting on the strap all cozy... Now I unstrap before removing gloves.

Was driving my old pickup down the road had on a short sleve shirt with arm resting on the left door/window. It was about 99*, something went up my left sleve and started attacking me. I am doing 35mph. My left arm is in the air and at my side, up and down. I am ziz zagging across lanes, because I am using my right hand to reach at this thing that attached my left arm, now it is on my shoulder attacking me, I swat it, it goes down my back, and the attack is on continueing. I am still on the road speed is still 35mph. I figure I have been stung it is time to end this. I lean forward, slouch down in the seat and slam my bach/shoulders into the benchseat. I reach around and feel this thing, I grab it, it is a green bee looking thing, I wad it up toss it out the window, roll the window half way up, and go on my way in pain.

Had a junebug make contact with my neck @ about 80MPH. The rest of the swarm hit my bike and helmet. It made a real stinky mess!

never been stung while riding (knocking on wood) but i did hit a small bird with the right edge of my sunglasses last year, didn't duck/swerve quite fast enough...broke my glasses frames and cut up the side of my nose and corner of my eye...just glad it didn't hit me in the face i slow down now when i see birds flying along the side of the highway

had a hornet in my helmet, stung me in the temple!! That sucked couldnt do crap about it untill I got the helmet off so had to completly stop first tkae gloves off so i could get the strap loose. Not fun at all.

That happened to me a month ago i started smacking the side of my helmet to try to kill it then i had to stop get my gloves off and rip my helmet off at the next red light.The guy in a car on the side of me asked if I was alright. The bee had stung me on the ear
Now I ride with my visor closed or just barely open

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151853600 -->

dang thing stung him and now he looks like this

beer_belly_sm.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

never been stung while riding (knocking on wood) but i did hit a small bird with the right edge of my sunglasses last year, didn't duck/swerve quite fast enough...broke my glasses frames and cut up the side of my nose and corner of my eye...just glad it didn't hit me in the face   i slow down now when i see birds flying along the side of the highway
Sounds like you pulled the Fabio maneuver.
laugh.gif

never had a bee in my gear...thankfully. I have, however, gotten numerous bugs right to the throat.

Just last week got tagged right in the throat by a 2-inch moth. Was going about 45mph, so it wasn't that bad. Still, though...that's an area I would rather not have compromised.

Back