My day of firsts

BigBadDodge

Registered
After a very bad yesterday evening/night i decided to have a better saturday, had to run to lowes to pickup some sawzall blades, decided to take the long scenic route on my freshly cleaned up bike. Going through town there's a van full of little kids and this gorgeous black lab thats hanging out the window, well we get to a stop light and i get over to the left, take my glove off and pet the dog, kids and the mom get a kick out of that, so continue on my way having a good old time, get out to the scenic route which is 2 lanes in the middle of nowhere, see this bird coming up next to me and was able to reach out and touch it(have been very close many times but never actually touched one while flying):laugh:

Anyway about 3 miles from home i decide to get on it, bring her up to about 70 and see this bumble bee heading right for me, kinda duck down a bit and bam hits me right in the side of the neck, most of us know what good size bees feel like at speed, didnt think much of it until i start getting this sharp "stinging" feeling in neck, and it hurts pretty bad, since i've never been stung by a bee i just shrugged it off as im gonna have one hell of a welt where it hit. Turn the corner into the neighborhood and its hurtin bad, reach my hand up pull my vest over thinking it was rubbing and feel the bee. So get home, look in the mirror of the truck(neighbors must be wondering cause i pull into the driveway jump off the bike and start looking in the mirror of my truck) and pull the stinger out of my neck.

Not quite sure of what to do or how to treat it since i've never been stung i call my mom(who is deathly allergic to bees) basically just tells me to watch it and make sure the stingers out and if i start feeling weird to get to the hospital. well 13 hours later still got a slight bump and its sore if i touch it, but im still alive so i think we're good!!
I've taken tons of bee hits while riding never had one sting me though.

That has never happen to me so I dont know what to tell you, but I hope you get better soon.

Sounds like an alright ride other than the bee. Hope things are getting along better now.

Unbeknownst to me, had a wasp land on my mesh jacket collar while I was at a stoplight. I took off and it went down inside my jacket and stung me repeatedly on my shoulder and back. Yeah, it hurt.

:laugh:
The same thing happened to me yesterday! Finishing up a 3 hour romp with Labrocha and I got whacked by a bee in the throat. It made its way down my shirt and proceeded to start working me. It didn't sting me
straight away but the little bastard let me know he was on the move. Quick stop, off with the jacket only to get nailed in the back before I could get my shirt off. I don't know what was worse, the actual sting or the anticipation of :laugh: Only the second time in 30 years so I'd say I'm way ahead of the odds.

Glad your alright.
In the 1970s, on a flyover got a bee inside my crash helmet, when I could stop took my helmet off and it flew away, luckily it didn't sting me.

I reached out a touched a bird once too. I was on my cruiser doing 55 when if was flying left to right and nailed me in the chin. Is that the same thing? It damn near knocked me off my bike.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I was stung in the forehead one time when a wasp flew into my helmet via the cracked visor. That was a bad day.

You might need to have it looked at. If you have never been stung you could have a reaction. How do you feel now?

I reached out a touched a bird once too. I was on my cruiser doing 55 when if was flying left to right and nailed me in the chin. Is that the same thing? It damn near knocked me off my bike.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Nope was next to me and not heading for me, actually touched it while it flew next to me lol

You might need to have it looked at. If you have never been stung you could have a reaction. How do you feel now?
Woke up this morning and cant even tell it ever happened.
There's was probably more than enough liquor still in my body to kill off anything that tries to take over :whistle:

OUCH! Bee stings are the worst. I've been stung more times than I can count. Most recently I was stung twice by wasps. My husband lost his arrow in the woods and I was helping him look for it (being the good wife and all). One got me on the back of the arm and the other laid quietly on my behind until I sat down.....yeah.....it got me good.:laugh:

Thats cool about the bird. Have never seen or come close to having that happen. Bees are the worst. Feel like small arms fire at anything over 50mph.

Maybe the bird and the bee were buddies and he thought you were making the moves on his woman. (aint that what the birds and bees story is about?)

I was taken to the hospital not to long ago due to a swarm of wasps attacking me. Seems they dont like it when you run a weedeater through their nest. Anyhow I am (or was) not allergic to them, but with the amount of stings it was overpowering to my body. Still getting bills. Did you know that the ER wants 900 dollars for 125mg of steroids, 25mg of diphendramine, and some prevacid. I am in the wrong biz lol.

Honestly cant believe i have made it 26 years without getting stung, i did landscaping for awhile so we were always around bee's plus ad the dumb stuff, like me and my brother hammered drunk on the 4th of july knocking wasp nests out from under my gutters, guess its just a roll of the dice game

Takes an INSANE amount of discipline when your riding and a bee gets sucked up into your helmet, crawls around on your visor inches away from you face, and waits for you to pop your visor up and let him out lol. Talk about white-knuckling the handlebars :D

Well, it started out good anyway :laugh: I liked the dog petting thing. Surprised me you didn't get bit though. Most dogs do not like strangers especially on a bike. At least you got the stinger out. I had a friend that got stung once and he was allergic and almost died from it. I hope it gets better soon

Back