Ever happened to you ?

I'm must be lucky. Hang on ... I am lucky.
heart.gif
When I mentioned to my wife that I was interested in getting a Busa (2005LE) and selling my 96 Bandit and that I was getting a good deal on it, all she asked is that she see it.
easybutton.png
She enjoys riding with me and wanted to try out the seat because she was tired of not seeing over my shoulders. The bike passed the test, so now I'm going to be the proud owner of one awesome bike. As long as we don't go overboard on stuff it's all good for the both of us.

I totally understand your point.  It is not the money but last I checked anything that is done affects both in a marriage.  I did not have to beg for the busa, I simply asked if she minded, and of coarse she said she didn't mind.  On the flip side, she asks me about buying major things also.  Here again, it is not about the money, it is about the respect of getting the significant others opinion.  If you do not care about the others opinion, then why the hell are you married?

Just my thoughts
Well said
clap.gif

I'm must be lucky. Hang on ... I am lucky.
heart.gif
 When I mentioned to my wife that I was interested in getting a Busa (2005LE) and selling my 96 Bandit and that I was getting a good deal on it, all she asked is that she see it.
easybutton.png
 She enjoys riding with me and wanted to try out the seat because she was tired of not seeing over my shoulders. The bike passed the test, so now I'm going to be the proud owner of one awesome bike. As long as we don't go overboard on stuff it's all good for the both of us.
thumb_up.gif
sweet. you do got a good wife
ThumbsUp.gif

She seems to be showing dominance in the relationship. If that is your setup so be it. If you usually talk through big purchaes...maybe your communication time is not what it should be at this point and should be remedied.

...this concludes this episode of Dr. Blue

Here again, it is not about the money, it is about the respect of getting the significant others opinion. If you do not care about the others opinion, then why the hell are you married?
I agreed, ditch the biotch, she don`t care about you. Fuggg... if that happened in my house I`d be single in a second.

I left on a 2 week trip.

Called home on day 2. Was told the tv went out in the living room. I told her to just watch the 27" tv in the bedroom until I get home.

Called home day 4. Was told the new beg screen HD tv would be delivered the next day.

Called home day 5. Was asked to talk her through setting the tv up. So I went about describing the coax, etc. Then she said what about the other boxes.... I said the tv was a display model, there should not be any other boxes. She said there were 7 boxes. I asked what was in them.......

Receiver, DVD player, 400 cd changer, surround sound system.

To this day I have no idea what I paid for all of that stuff.

Neither my wife or I can "veto" what the other wants. We discuss and disagree and maybe buy it anyways.She buys clothes,furniture,and stuff for the house and kids. I buy boats,Busas,and stuff for me. Sounds fair. We both work and have stayed married for 20 yrs doing it this way.I come home and find a new leather living room set a week later she comes home to the stealership dropping off a K8. It works for us. Some of you guy need to ask for your balz back!

Oh man... The knife would come out so that I could gut the guy in bed with the ol' lady..
+1 what I was thinking...

Nope, never happened to me... not sure how I would react but maybe by having her take it back. It's too big a purchase to make without input (and frankly, my negotiating power, if it was my wife, she'd probably pay sticker!)

Wait, wait, wait.

JR, is this your wife? Or your g/f? I didn't see it stated.

If this is your wife....that's f*cked up. This kind of stuff NEEDS to be at least DISCUSSED prior to doing it. I'da killed my ex-wife if she ever did something like that while we were married. But then again, she is a dunce when it comes to financial decisions, and I held the veto card over her.

Now that I'm divorced, I do what I want, when I want, how I want, where I want, with whom I want. And it'll stay that way until I die.

But if she's just your g/f....go get your screw on in the back seat!

I'M WITH YOU TRUCKER, DIVORCED OVER 20 YEARS, I do what I want, when I want. I rent a room to a 27 y/o college girl and she tries that crap on me once in a while........yeah, right. I'm not involved in any way with her. I am going to re-model the main bathroom on Monday, she says "we need to discuss this" My discussion with her was a 30 day notice to vacate. Done. The re-model will begin on Monday.

Ron

I'm a tightwad.... i woulda had a panic attack before I even THOUGHT of buying a vehicle without my husband... heck I can barely buy CLOTHES without him.

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. Came home after being on a train for 2 days. Got close to the house and saw a brand new Hummer H2 sitting in the driveway. For me of course.

I'd be happy if the wifey went out and bought a new vehicle for herself. She does the finances and we both have the same tastes in vehicles so she has free reign to do what she wants when we can afford it. And she pretty much knows that.

whats permission? i dont recognize that word? when the wifey wants something she gets it, so i do the same. thats why i have a job.

Just a little inside info would be nice. I do not care if she went bought it, she got a pretty good deal. All i'm looking for is " What do you think about me trading in my car for an suv ?" my reply would be what the heck do I care as long as your payments dont increase. That would have been the end of the conversation, but i guess it is true what I read on here b4.
" it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

Back