Thinking out loud.....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
It tears me up inside to think about Kevin's (VMAN1300) situation. I am so damn selfish that I just don't want to hear any bad news. I continue to hope and pray just like you all do for the return of good health. Kevin has touched many lives and I have had the incredible experience of getting to know VMAN1300 and honestly sit around the firepit and laugh until we all just cried. Those are definately the memories that I want to have with Kevin. Regardless of Kevin's long term prognosis it sounds like he won't be feeling up to riding with us at the BASH. I hope that I am wrong but I had an idea and I want you all to think about this with me and give me your thoughts.

I have read other threads this week that many of you have posted in and Kevin seems to have touched you the same way as he has my life, I can truly call him a friend. I was thinking that since Kevin always took guys out to the dragon that this year I was gonna ride the Dragon once for Kevin the whole time just thinking heavily about what a great guy he really is... THen it hit me....... I am going to make these shirts up, I will have them up for sale soon and the price is going to be crazy cheap, maybe 5 or 6 bucks...

Who will ride the dragon for Kevin this year at the bash since he isn't feeling up to it? SInce Kevin probably won't be coming to the Phillips I wan't a constant reminder for all of us that Kevin is a huge reason for the bash to begin with.

Front.....
Vman1300Front.jpg

BACK......
Vman1300.jpg

Your thoughts.....

CAp

Vman1300Front.jpg

Vman1300.jpg

Great idea! I love how this place takes care of its own. This is such a wonderful place with wonderful people. I never talked to or met VMAN1300, but I wish I could have had the honor. I'm not going to make it to the bash but I'm interested in the shirt.

I don't know the financial situation for him but as an ongoing cancer patient myself, I know expenses mount.

I think as a group we ought to reach out with a quiet contribution for his family.

Whether we do or don't I'm sending some his way.

Just a thought.

Mark

They look great, I'll pick up one or two. If I can't make the bash, I'll have to make sure to ride the dragon for him on the way to the stampede.

Count me in, Doug! Great idea!

I think I'll get a couple - one a couple sizes larger so I can wear OVER my jacket as I ride the Dragon!

Doug that is perfect. PLEASE do it.

Just another thought out loud. Could we make it a bit more expensive and extra proceeds go to Kevin and or Brenda. I don't know maybe there's a better way to help. Just thinking out loud

Even though I won't be able to make it to the bash this year, I will hit the dragon in May and I would love to wear the t-shirt. Count me in. Let me kn ow when they are ready Cap:thumbsup:

Very good idea!

I as well will not be able to attend the bash but would love to have the shirt. I will however be riding the Dragon in May and would love to wear it on my 1st trip there. Just say when to send the funds.

Back