Your favorite Kevin memory?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Michelle was right - Kevin wouldn't want everyone to mourne his passing, he would want us to celebrate life. So, what are your favorite memories of Kevin?

My favorite memories of Kevin:
The conversation that he and I had at the Spring Bash of '08 when Doug announced that he would join the Mod team on the .Org.

The first time I saw sparks fly in that dang pink shirt.

When he told me I could be an honorary member of Fat Kidd Racing

two are from the Spring Bash of '07. Some of you may remember me falling out of Kevin's truck - the look on his face as I fell was a combination of terror and absolute hysteria. Also, he knew I was having a hard time getting comfortable after my spill and talked me back onto Bessie; not sure I would have done another bash if it hadn't been for him...

A good rider, a true friend, a great man.

There are so many, but when he came to visit me last July 4 tops the list:beerchug:

P1040768.jpg

Fall Bash 08. Had a lengthy conversation with him about his life, riding, etc. Amazing person. :bowdown:

The look in his eyes, and the smile on his face when I handed him the key to my new bike at the '08 Spring Bash...HWY28...

IMG_2351__Large_.jpg

Those pink shirts and knowing it was Kevin that likely started it all...I was in tears to see so many grown men in PINK :rofl:

Kevin's refusal to admit that big 80's hair bands are out, and of course his loyalty to Queensryche created more than a few threads between he and I :oldcool:

Kevin wanting to kidnap me for a bash and getting so many others involved in the plot, I think it was the first one I was trying to get to...

His love of "ninja edits" and making it a mission on the oRg for a chuckle :laugh:

...his love of Fresca...I didn't even know they still made the stuff :)

I have so many great memories...too many to list...

The look in his eyes, and the smile on his face when I handed him the key to my new bike at the '08 Spring Bash...HWY28...
Listening to the school kid raving about how this was the first time he ever put a knee down on a bike he rode for the first time....

I swear he was like a kid in a candy store about Rich's K8...

I'm sitting in the hospital emergency room being treated after my low side trying to avoid a deer that ran in front of me. My phone rings and it's Kevin wanting to know if I was OK, and to let me know that he, Omar and others already had a plan to get everything together to fix my busa. This after only meeting him for the first time the year before at the 06 spring bash. That is what kind of person Kevin was!

Kevin's refusal to admit that big 80's hair bands are out, and of course his loyalty to Queensryche created more than a few threads between he and I :oldcool:

...his love of Fresca...I didn't even know they still made the stuff :)

I was going to mention that too... :lol:

My favorite Kevin memory is just those gentle Blue eyes that made you feel like you had known him forever.

This was @ Miller Motor Sports park in '07...they had a BBQ for the riders and they had Fresca. :rofl:

Attachments

• 15 mmp.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Listening to the school kid raving about how this was the first time he ever put a knee down on a bike he rode for the first time....

I swear he was like a kid in a candy store about Rich's K8...

That was a GREAT day :thumbsup:

I didnt know the guy but reading this makes me wish i did!!!! i have had a few friends pass away at a young age and i still think about them all and the good memories we had. this guy sounds like a great person and i wish i could have got to meet him. R.I.P. Brother!!!!

my favorite memory was him "holding court" in that rocking chair at the Bash, that was a great night! :beerchug:

of course, i remember the look on his face when MC MUSTANG took his dive off the tailgate, i thought vman was going to jump off the truck and land on both of us :laugh:

my first Fresca was the one i drank with BA BUSA in Utah in vman's honor...i had never had one before but wanted to try it since i had spent plenty of time in the corner with vman and others courtesy of VaB's and they were always talking about Fresca's

watching him do "sparkies" in the corner and put BA BUSA's new bike through the paces :thumbsup:

lots of great memories, he will be remembered :beerchug:

IMG_0330 (Large).jpg

IMG_2328 (Large).jpg

IMG_2351 (Large).jpg

This is my favorite memory with Kevin. I don't think I can actually post what we were laughing at here, but we were discussing potential names and slogans as he was thinking about a change from Fat Kidd Racing.

post-64-38656-IMG_0499%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I first met Kevin at the third busa bash (his first), musta been in 2005 I believe and since then he's always been part of things as it related to the bash. He sat around the firepit at Reba's with us and said "hey guys, I'd love to help plan the next one of these"....the rest as they say is history.

I cant pick a particular event, there have been soooo many over the years (though watching him watch Shawn fall off the truck is up there :whistle: ). If I had to pick one it would be following him through hwy28 during the earlier bashes, getting a tour of the roads and pointers from him at the stops. Of course watching him disappear down the road was always a hoot too :beerchug:

My best memory of him is that over the years, through all the challenges he and others have faced, he was always the same Kevin. He never seemed to be visibly upset, was always smiling, had the most positive attitude and was ALWAYS there to help or offer encouragement to others, even those he had met 5mins earlier. A man that was extremely comfortable in his own skin and would put you at ease moments after talking to him. His dedication to his friends and his faith were things that he embraced and shared openly with others around him. He never waivered in those actions or emotions even in the face of a terminal illness. He was a great man and I feel honored to have known him. :bowdown:

*Have to add, this image of Kevin nails it and has been seen day after day at each and every event he has been a part of :thumbsup:
135039d1238083957-your-favorite-kevin-memory-marty_4-28-06_pics-012.jpg

Last edited:
i met him at the 06 bash, an outstanding guy.....
i remember he saved MC Mustang's life when he nearly fell of the his tailgate:thumbsup:

here is another good on of Kevin at the 08 spring bash.

I met Kevin and Brenda in August 2005 in Gatlinburg. My daughter and I had rode up for her birthday dinner and Kevin and Brenda was also going to be there so we decieded to meet. They came to the restaurant where we were, it had been pouring down rain and we were on the bike. Kevin and Brenda pull up while we were waiting to be seated and we talked a while. Kevin asked if we were staying the night and I told him no, we were going back. It was still raining a little at this point and they offered for us to come stay at their cabin. The sun came back out and I decieded to ride home. This was the first time I had ever met he and Brenda, and they offered to let us stay with them, great people. now the kicker, I found out later that they were on their anniversery trip, WOW, and they still offered us a place to stay the night. That is 2 very awesome people! Just want to say, Brenda, I love you two. Thanks for all the great memories.

Tim.

sat-photoshoot-school 109.jpg

Back