thinking of selling

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Hi all..

Lately i've been thinkin' maybe it's time for something different/new.

I'm just sorta checkin' the waters to see what I should be able to get for my present ride.

It's a 2001 'busa 13,000 mi.

mods:
Micron full system
Custom paint, (burnt orange metallic, white, and charcoal gray w/copper pearl thru the clear coat. Very high quality paint job. Micron canister is painted to match the orange)
Clear atlernative signals/tail light
Buell peg mod, (have original pegs if you want)

Will have new dunlop 208zr's if I decide to sell. Has had 10,000 mi recommended maintence done (new air filter, brake fluid, clutch fluid, radiator flushed, plugs, etc.) Runs perfectly. Ran 10.3@137 with my slow ass on it at the strip.

Oil changed regularly and all that jazz. The only blemshes I know of is a small 1" scratch on the canister where the rivet gun jumped while putting the micron logo back on after painting, and a few chips directly behind the front wheel from rocks/road grit ect.

Whatya think that should bring?

busa_06.jpg

feel free to PM a serious offer if you want.. I'm not entirely sure i'm gonna sell it..but hey.. money talks ya know.

Just curious what you guys think it should bring.

Just being a D__K why sell ? Liter bike maybe---I love mine so much i hope to get buried with it in
many years from now--- I would like to have a second bike---- V-twin hmmmm KTM 990--motard---
YEA.

haha, My wife asked the same thing.

Honestly.. I dunno The bike is awesome. Does everything (and then some) of what i want it to do very well. Maybe it's just winter puttin' the bug on me or something.

I don't think I would buy a liter.. possibly a RC51 could catch my attention if the black looks as good in person as in the pics.. I like the 749 dark ducati's.. but.. hell it's a 749!!..haha and it's a ducati... bleh... yeah I think they are great bikes and very cutting edge... but I don't need to be cutting edge if it costs that much to keep the maintenence up.

okay.. my thread.. I can ramble... here is what I look at, and the problem i have with it...

Aprilia touno.. very cool naked..
... nah, i like fairing more than lookin' at a motor.. plus it's not exactly a railing machine.
Aprilia rsv1000r.. cool, but underpowered, and no local dealers.
Honda RC51.. yeah it's awesome.. sounds like it's going to turn the road into a dirt roost behind it.
nah.. uncomfortable.. rear seat (if added) may as well be a piece of plywood bolted to the back.. wife will not like that at all.
CBR1000... eff it.. it's cool, but no comfort, and really... why pick the weakest liter bike?
yami R1.. i hate yami.. good enough reason
Kawi ZX10 .. cool.. but bullettrain bought one and ruined the whole kawi image of cool. (haha just kidding).. lack of comfort compared to busa.. same with GSXR1000
Ducati -insert numbers here and add S, or R, or DARKwhichever model you prefer.. high class.. high cost.. high maintenence.. but i'm sure it rails like a mofo.
Triumph - bleh styling.. and underpowered
BMW... i wouldn't pay that much more for all the creature comforts in gods great land on a bike.. especially if it comes with that pretentious stuck up ##### attitude standard. Plus de's ugly

nobodys got anything different/interesting beyond what I already got!!!

Rocket III here I come!!! .. but alas... no.. the 'busa is a touch heavy.. but uh.. lets stay in the same ballpark here anyway.. besides.. i'm not that damn old

Harley's.. all of em' what a joke

Moto Guzzi.. stupid name, and stupid lookin' bikes

MV augusta.. -sigh maybe as a 4th bike or something just for the hell of walking in the garage to look at it.

who am I leaving out?

GSXR 750... would kick ass when you got to the twisties.. but would suck getting there.

hmm, sounds like you are making one hell of a case to keep that pretty bike of yours
cool.gif
wink.gif

the RC51, fun as crap in the twisties, they just did a big comparison with it and the Duc999R in Motorcyclist magazine Special Twins Issue. They liked it way better than the Ducati. If you can't find the mag, I'll scan it for you if you want.

just keep the busa ..... can always just go ride some demo bikes at the dealer if you get an itch for something different

oh yeah, you forgot to say "Gold Wing" .... they can still move through the gap just fine
tounge.gif

oh yeah, the only thing I think I'd replace, or rather put in the garage with the busa would be some form of a twin.... not sure exactly what but thats probably what I'd get
cool.gif

BMW... i wouldn't pay that much more for all the creature comforts in gods great land on a bike.. especially if it comes with that pretentious stuck up ##### attitude standard. Plus de's ugly
Just bought a new K1200GT and I don't know what you're referring to regarding a pretentious attitude. Maybe you just went to a bad dealer or salesperson. My local dealer was great......far better than our Suzuki dealer.The after-sale service has been fantastic. The bike's ride, power and comfort is very impressive. Just my $.02,,,,,,I wish you luck on making a decision.

Damn ego, I'm now starting to like your paint job. I was a little apprehensive about it at first, but these pics definitely do it justice. Maybe it was the lighting before, but it is pretty cool. I'm usually a wide-open person, but I won't ever tell anyone that I think that THEIR bike is ugly. My attitude concerning that is... "to each his or her own!" My thought is that you should just get yourself some sleep and quit worryin' 'bout it. You'll make the wise choice and keep the Busa.
wink.gif

sounds like you are, perhaps simply in the mood for something different, not better. I, for the life of me, could not figure out why you'd wanna do that, but good luck in your quest.
smile.gif
I sat on a RocketIII couple weeks ago, and, suprizingly, it was kinda fun. IT was HUGE but not as heavy as I expected.... but did make me feel like I was compensating for something that I don't need to

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105365921 -->

Go buy a dresser..as in H-D FLHTCUI Ultra Classic. this way you can cruise anywhere in any weather and get there in comfy fashion. Hell, You could tow the Busa behind it to ride when you get there! This will ensure you have what you need in your stable to fit whatever mood you find yourself in.
tounge.gif

Keep in mind that the baseline duc 999 is coming with 140 horses for 2005. That IS impressive for a twin. I had the RC51, it is rough on the street, but great for the track. That thing is a brick dude. Very little comfort level at all.

BMW... i wouldn't pay that much more for all the creature comforts in gods great land on a bike.. especially if it comes with that pretentious stuck up ##### attitude standard.  Plus de's ugly
Just bought a new K1200GT and I don't know what you're referring to regarding a pretentious attitude.  Maybe you just went to a bad dealer or salesperson.  
sorry dude.. i meant the riders.. they all got that "mine costed more so it's better" attitude..

I'm sure you don't.. but it seems most do .. in this area anyway.

I start the bid at $2.00!!!! $2.00 anyone??!? Do I hear three?? Three dollars!!!

I'll give ya 1,000 Dimes for it, bro...whaddya say?

Back