Thinking of giving up on women who do not ride.

My wife doesn't ride, although she has been on one my Duc a couple of times. However, and fortunately for me, she understands my need for speed.

Hey BT. Man I've been riding all my life. I was 56 in July, and I will ride as long as a possible can. There is a guy here in the Medford area, 70 years old, and he still rides the crap out of his Busa. Bottom line... if its in your blood, ya gotta ride. Woman or not woman. My wife is understanding of my passion, and hopefully the lady you have menat will become more understanding as time goes by. Good Luck

My g/f loves to ride with me and I love her for it. I have been with too many that either like it a little or then get jealous of me spending time on it instead of with her or they think that I must be out "picking up women" on it.

I have decided that I will not date/marry a woman that wants me to stop riding or does not enjoy it themselves. I was married once and she was indifferent about them which is almost as bad. If I can't share my passions then I want someone else around. It is no fun explaining something so viceral and exciting to someone that just smiles and goes "oh really, that's nice". Forget that. Never again.

But BT is right, good ones are hard to find in any case so it is hard to kick an otherwise good pick to the curb, but I sum it up like this. If you don;t share and enjoy the same things, it won't last, EVER...PERIOD. So save yourself the grief and look for someone more suitable, or decide if you can give up bikes and I think we all know the answer to that one or we would not all be here.

I used to worry about my husband riding...he'd always wanted a motorcycle, and even though I wanted one too, I feared for his life because he too loves speed (yeah, even though he won't give up the H-D 1200 Sportster)...it took a long time, but I finally just let those feelings go and hope for the best when he's out riding...I want him to enjoy riding; no point in me messing that up by constantly hounding him about riding...hopefully he does the same for me...

...it's normal for your gals to worry...tell them to get BIG insurance policies to help comfort them...it's almost as comforting as Haagen-Daz!  :tounge:

:bounce:

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "wasn't done talking!"|1069354529 -->

I used to worry about my husband riding...he'd always wanted a motorcycle, and even though I wanted one too, I feared for his life because he too loves speed (yeah, even though he won't give up the H-D 1200 Sportster)...it took a long time, but I finally just let those feelings go and hope for the best when he's out riding...I want him to enjoy riding; no point in me messing that up by constantly hounding him about riding...hopefully he does the same for me...

...it's normal for your gals to worry...tell them to get BIG insurance policies to help comfort them...it's almost as comforting as Haagen-Daz!  :tounge:

Hey VA,
Did you ever repeat that mist shift thang with your hubby.

Wondering if you saw the 1200 pig in your rear view? :D

Hey VA,

Gee thanks Mikey! As if my husband doesn't already rub that in enough as it is!

Actually, we haven't been riding together much at all(kids)...so it's usually just me, all alone and shifting just fine!

:D

i always told my wife "dont make me choose between the bike and you"
she knows shell be looking for another magic stick

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm pretty lucky especially since I don't like passengers and my girl wants her own bike. So next season she'll be getting a sportbike. She can't stand cruisers either. :beerchug:

Hey VA,

Gee thanks Mikey!  As if my husband doesn't already rub that in enough as it is!

Actually, we haven't been riding together much at all(kids)...so it's usually just me, all alone and shifting just fine!  

:D
'pology for miss understanding.
I meant, have you wooped the pants off him yet?

I have a friend who I ride with and lately he's always saying his wife barely let him out of the house to ride.  It seems to becoming quite a problem for him and he refuses to give up riding but he has a couple kids and has been married 15 years.  I honestly can't understand a wife/girlfriend not wanting her significant other to be happy doing something whether that's riding, fishing, hunting...  I would have to say for her to find something she really likes to do and when you go riding then she can do what it is she likes to do.  

It's a shame not to be able to share the passion for motorcycles though.  When I hear a woman complaining about her husband/boyfriend riding too much or heaven forbid...at all, I feel like I look at her like she has 2 heads    lol  

For me, if I ever did it again, I would have to have some kind of a prenuptual motorcycle agreement.  Sign here on the dotted line...I will not come between you and your Hayabusa and yes, you can have the new '04 purple one...signed...Joe Millionaire.  :rofl:

I also believe too much information can breed contempt...like bragging about that corner you took at 90? (conservative lol)  Not good for wifey/girlfriend to hear.  Telling her about little hottie who said what a nice bike you have?  Also not good for her to hear.  On your way home from being out all day riding 7 or 8 hours and leaving her home all alone, stop off at Macy's and pick her up a little box of Godiva chocolate you can fit under your seat.  Damage control for when you get home...good thing.  I'm sure you get the picture.  And for the girls who boyfriends/husbands think they're just a tad obsessed with riding in general, don't tell him the new Arai helmet you bought was just on sale, tell him it was on a special dealer clearance and $50 less than that because the rep thought you were cute!  lol  ummm, that's not from personal experience.   :bounce:

Good luck with your situation but before you vote her off, maybe she has other really good qualities that you are over looking or maybe you can come to a compromise...if not, then Off with her head!  Sorry, I'm just a tad punchy tonight.  

I always ride when I want where I want and How I want. that will never change. It is just nice to have a woman that can ride her own bike and go to the same places at the same speeds.. :D

I guess I got lucky. I'd been riding for a while when I met my wife. She instantly thought it was cool, though she had never been on a bike. After we had been living together for about 6 months, she decided she had to have one of her own. (And no I didn't talk her into it.) She now rides a Ducati Monster.

My wife is the bomb, but if she had been oppossed to motorcycling in general or my riding specifically, we wouldn't have married. Its a big deal. Like wanting kids or not. Or being religious or not. At least it is to me.

Im lucky and I know it.. I had a built 1992 V Max. I stopped in at the cycle shop to kill some time on a cold wet day. As I looked at stuff in the shop the owner comes up to me and shows me two pictures. The pictures were of the 2000 Busa red or blue. He looked at me and said pick your color your wife just ordered a busa for you and all we need to know is the color! The next bike we bought was for my wife to replace her FZR 600 with a left over Bandit 1200S. Having a wife that can ride and ride well is great!

Sueinblue.jpg

Yes Jay you are lucky... Couple points that came out here that are correct also. NEVER NEVER brag to much about crazy stuff you do. I never talk about speeds that I hit. All it would do is worry your partner. Hell if anyone besides this board new of speeds that I hit I would have to increase my life insurance everytime I went out for a ride. Fast yes how fast No.

Yes Jay you are lucky...  Couple points that came out here that are correct also.  NEVER NEVER brag to much about crazy stuff you do.  I never talk about speeds that I hit.  All it would do is worry your partner.  Hell if anyone besides this board new of speeds that I hit I would have to increase my life insurance everytime I went out for a ride.  Fast yes how fast No.
Amen Brother!

Fast in Phoenix & I got back from Tortilla flats and he made a comment about keeping up with me, in front of my wife...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
AAAssjani.gif

I got sh!t for that for quite a while. She has come to terms w/ mw owning the fastest, but dosen't want to know about it going fast.

P.S. No dissin Fast in Phoenix, FIP was riding the road for the first time, and I have ridden that strech hundreds of times. Lots of TIGHT twisties on cliff edges!

Oh what fun it is to ride....

Good thing that Most (not all) partners do not read these post too much...
wow.gif

My wife knows how fast I ride...she doesn't like it ..but doesn't complain either. I keep bringing bikes home (ride: dirt, street Winnabago and sport bike)...she keeps bringing home the jewlery...Daytona and Stugis for me...the oulet malls for her. What a perfect pair we are.:p

Back