Thinking of giving up on women who do not ride.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
I tell you guys, those of you that have women that ride and understand the thrills and the needs are very lucky. Hang on to them. It is not so much the fact that some women do not ride, it is the mind set that goes with the riding plus the adrenaline boost that you can get. I guess that goes both ways for the women who ride and the men that do not. Oh well enough of my ranting, maybe I will wake up and change my mind.

My wife just said, "and the men that don't ride because they spend too much time on this website!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

my wife wouldnt get on my bike if i paid her.
she has never been on one and will not get on one.

thats the way i like her:D

that way she cant follow me when i go out to play with the guys:cool:

and i can act like a 16 year old for the few hours im out on my bike each night or day:;):

dont have to do or think about all that responsible stuff
family, bills, kid, etc.

g_calatean:

Try adding a space before you type the emoticons and they'll come out a lot better.

This: thats the way i like her:D
or
This: thats the way i like her :D

I like the last one better myself.

Hey NE:

Does she at least understand your need for speed? Will she support you without being involved in your hobby?

If so, then you could probably work it all out.

My wife had a V-Star 1100 Custom, but was scared of the shifting, not the bike, so we ended up getting her the Suzuki Burgman-650. Now she loves it.

And by scooter standards, it's pretty fast. It handles nice too.

My wife had a V-Star 1100 Custom, but was scared of the shifting, not the bike, so we ended up getting her the Suzuki Burgman-650.  Now she loves it.

And by scooter standards, it's pretty fast.  It handles nice too.
I didn't know about the Burgman. Thanks. This might be the answer for my spouse who wants to ride but hates the idea of shifting.

As long as she doesn't give you crap for riding, you don't have anything to lose, right NE?
Or...she's anti-busa?

I'll back you up on the Burgman Stkr00.

I bought one for my wife because of the shifting thing also. I don't know if you can call a 650 a scooter though, it's more like a baby Goldwing. I added a Throttlemeister cruise control and now she rides with me everywhere I go. Every now and then I sneak a ride on it, very comfortable. ;)

Hey NE:

Does she at least understand your need for speed?  Will she support you without being involved in your hobby?

If so, then you could probably work it all out.

My wife had a V-Star 1100 Custom, but was scared of the shifting, not the bike, so we ended up getting her the Suzuki Burgman-650.  Now she loves it.

And by scooter standards, it's pretty fast.  It handles nice too.
Little hard fro anyone to understand 200 +mph. Most of the time it is not worth explaining no matter who it is.. :D

Nice to see there are other Burgman owners on here too. I was skeptical at first because it is a scooter, but once I rode it and saw how stable it was, how smooth it was in the turns, and how comfortable it was, I was impressed.

It is a 650cc motorcycle that is cleverly disguised as a scooter. I agree that is almost a baby goldwing. We're thinking of getting some decals made that say "BabyBusa", and maybe a GSX-R sticker or two.

Here's a link for anyone that's interested:
Suzuki Burgman-650

I'm just happy that she's interested in riding again. :D

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069268307 -->

109_0986_IMG.JPG

I agree, I can't keep my g/f off the Busa !! :cool:

Oh and she likes Zuki's too !!

Hmm - double post ?? weird ...

<!--EDIT|banditoo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069268371 -->

109_0986_IMG.JPG

Hmmm. I have found myself in the same boat. I've been seeing this girl that is terrified of bikes and has never been on one. I've mentioned taking the busa on a date or two and she's like, "If you want to ride the bike I'll follow you in my car. I don't mind."

Thing is, she seems to be what I've been looking for in every other area. It really bothers me that she isn't into riding. I'd really like to share my love for bikes with my mate. I initially thought about not pursuing anything with her because she isn't into riding. It's just that a good girl (and I'm sure a good guy) is hard as hell to find these days. I couldn't bring myself to put her to the curb just because she doesn't ride.

I've already expressed SEVERAL times that riding is a passion of mine and that I will NOT give it up until I'm not able to ride anymore. We've pretty much come to the agreement that I'm ok with her not riding if she doesn't make an issue of me riding. I've made it crystal clear where that would take things. My exact words were, "Ok, well I'm cool with you not riding if you don't say anything about my riding." Her response was, "I'd never say anything as long as you wear a helmet."

If we can maintain this agreement then things will be ok. If my riding becomes an issue, we're done. May sound a little harsh, but I will NOT stop enjoying life for anyone. That ain't how it's meant to be. In my line of work I've seen many times where that ends up... DIVORCE!

I can accept her for what she is. If she can't do the same, then she ain't for me. ;)

Hmmm. I have found myself in the same boat. I've been seeing this girl that is terrified of bikes and has never been on one. I've mentioned taking the busa on a date or two and she's like, "If you want to ride the bike I'll follow you in my car. I don't mind."

Thing is, she seems to be what I've been looking for in every other area. It really bothers me that she isn't into riding. I'd really like to share my love for bikes with my mate. I initially thought about not pursuing anything with her because she isn't into riding. It's just that a good girl (and I'm sure a good guy) is hard as hell to find these days. I couldn't bring myself to put her to the curb just because she doesn't ride.

I've already expressed SEVERAL times that riding is a passion of mine and that I will NOT give it up until I'm not able to ride anymore. We've pretty much come to the agreement that I'm ok with her not riding if she doesn't make an issue of me riding. I've made it crystal clear where that would take things. My exact words were, "Ok, well I'm cool with you not riding if you don't say anything about my riding." Her response was, "I'd never say anything as long as you wear a helmet."

If we can maintain this agreement then things will be ok. If my riding becomes an issue, we're done. May sound a little harsh, but I will NOT stop enjoying life for anyone. That ain't how it's meant to be. In my line of work I've seen many times where that ends up... DIVORCE!

I can accept her for what she is. If she can't do the same, then she ain't for me. ;)
Sonds like she will be a very nice addition....

When I was dating my wife, I had motorcycles and she didn't like them, and after we got engaged, she tried to get me to give up bikes altogether - well, I told her that I didn't need a mother or father(they couldn't or wouldn't try and make me quit) and if she couldn't deal with me on the bikes, racing and all, then I wasn't the guy for her. We are still together after 20 years(dated 4 and married 16 yrs) and although she don't like me riding all that much, the main complaint is more about the time spent riding, or the money spent on them

Pit Bull

Some women just don't understand and some do then there are the jealous ones.I try to divide my time.Between my two bikes that is.
When I take the FJR out she's invited. ;) .Its always nice if your significant other enjoys your passion.Oh that reminds me of a joke Check out my joke post.

Nice to see there are other Burgman owners on here too. I was skeptical at first because it is a scooter, but once I rode it and saw how stable it was, how smooth it was in the turns, and how comfortable it was, I was impressed.

It is a 650cc motorcycle that is cleverly disguised as a scooter. I agree that is almost a baby goldwing. We're thinking of getting some decals made that say "BabyBusa", and maybe a GSX-R sticker or two.

Here's a link for anyone that's interested:
Suzuki Burgman-650

I'm just happy that she's interested in riding again. :D
A cool feature of the Bergman 650 is that you can switch to a shifter mode and shift the gears using buttons on left bar.

Back