thinking of a new bike

superbusaman

Registered
hi guys, maybe some of u could help me out? iam 24 only been riding for like 2 years. my first bike was a katana that i should of kept alittle longer before gettin a busa(couldnt pass the deal up). anyways i like going through the twisties and the guys i ride with been trying to get me to buy a sv650, b/c of easier handling. i like those bikes but i dont know if i should waste my money on one? or would it improve my riding like my buddies say? so please through in your 2 cents!! thanks

Riding and learning the way of the bike you own will make you a better rider. Look around here and find the vids that Nickslick and posted. You will see just how capable the Busa is. Now having said that, my first bike was a CBR 600 and I wish that I had spent more time in the mountains on that before I got the Busa but that was then. I am still learning how to ride the twisties but I have fun and I'm cool with that. Good luck and have fun.

i've had 6 bikes at one time. i've seen that if you have more than one bike thats good at the same thing, one of them will sit there and be garage candy. i'm down to 5 now and they all have there place in the world. a v65 for crusin, the busa for having fun, the xr650l for around the town blasting(highly modified, maybe illegal, dont know) and the two moto-cross bikes. if you think you'll ride it for its purpose, buy it, if your trying to compare the two, forget it. the busa will be the one you go to for the power.

bone

I think buying a sv650 is definitely a step backwards. Don't get
me wrong nice bike for beginners and twisties. Like Blue_GSX said
get a 1000 or a 750. Something light for the twisties, but still with power to boot.

I agree with bone on the fact that if you have two bikes good at the same thing, one will just sit around. If you gonna get another bike, get one that gives you a different perspective, such as a TL1000R. Its a V-twin so it rides very different, and I think you might find it a little easier in the twisties with something with a shorter wheelbase. At the same time, if you're strapped for cash, don't even bother with a new bike, just learn to excel at what you have...practice, practice, practice. Take your Busa out every chance you get and as you gain confidence on it, you'll see more and more of what its truly capable of.

Nothing wrong with having more than 1 bike! I have 2 myself. A Suzuki Volusia for just cruisin' and the 'Busa for when I want to show a little power!

I agree that nothing is wrong with 2 bikes, maybe a lil over kill
with 5 or 6 bikes. Unless of course they are from all walks of
life (ie. motorcross, sport, cruiser, sport touring) and even then
when do you find time to ride them all (not at the same time LOL).
Bone I envy you bro, I'd have to quit my job and be a bonified
motorcycle crack head
biggrin.gif

2 bikes is good. Decide what exactly you want to do with it. For twisties get an R6, sv650, or gsxr 600. Same bikes apply for track bikes. If you want to stunt, do wheelies and still hit the twisties, check out the 954 or even r1.

Back