think i need a new front tire

superbusaman

Registered
i have a set of dunlop 208's and have around 4000 miles on them. i always thought most people say that u should get 2 rears for one front? but both of mine are in the wear bars. and iam thinking about going to the m-1's? what do u guys think about changing to them? oh and remember my post about riding hard(pics of tires) i dragged a toe today for the first time that was weird feeling!!! ok thanks for the info

What pressure are you running?

Lower pressure in the front will wear it out faster on the sides, not the middle.

I changed from the 208's to the M-1 and I really like the M-1's.

You will not get the milage out the M-1's becuase they are a softer compound.

Stealth

True, if you have low pressure you'll only get 4k miles out of them. If you ride hard like it sounds like you are, that reduces the tread faster too. My 2c, I like the 208s for the sharper profile for the canyons.

i think i run about 36, 37 in the front. what about everyone else? oh and great, only 2 people replied and one likes the 208's and the other the m1!!! has anyone bought the m1's from parts411? why are they so much cheaper?

Come on---now...I get around 6k out of a front--and 3 to 5K rear....and always run the factory psi.....41-42 or so....if you like fairly high speed curves.."like i do"
The front will be gone on the sides before the middle wears out..mine mostly on the left side of the front...don't want to slide out and end up under a motorhome
eating it's I beam front axel with my chin...this is how i think and may be alive because of it..friends go crazy when i talk like that..
Bridgestones were fine,Pirelli Evo's--excellent and now brand new Pilot Sports--best so far...Owen you dog..yer gettin' faster with age..Be safe out there my friends.
wink.gif

Dragged a toe? ? ? GET YOUR TOES ON THE PEGS, HIKE OFF THE SIDE AND DROP A KNEE!!
smile.gif
Of course, you ARE wearing leather pants with pucks, right? RIGHT ? I'm such a mom

Back