Thinking about going back to stock cans....

stock cans way quiet. switched mine out to the yosh rs-3. even the yosh are a little moe quiet than the D&D cans

I have a Brock's AH and fires it up at 4:30am 2 to 3 times a week. I haven't had any complaints but there is maybe 4 or 5 other bikes on my street. Just take it easy leaving out the neighborhood and you should be ok.

Wow I'm surprised so many people think the D&D`s are loud. I guess I must be lucky and have a quiet set. I leave home around 7:30 in the mornings and sometimes don't get home until well after midnight and have never had any complaints from my neighbors and I live in a townhouse. I keep the bike on my back patio and ride it around the back when I come home.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back from my test ride.

It's not EVIL anymore.:madfire:

It reminds me of an 84 FJ1100. The D&D's are goin back on.....

Back from my test ride.

It reminds me of an 84 FJ1100. The D&D's are goin back on.....

After reading your thread I knew you would go back to the D&D's. IMHO the stock cans are TOO QUIET. I've ordered my Yoshi R-55 full exhaust and cant't wait for them to get here so I can take off those stock cans!

OK, here's the hurtful thing.. cover your eyes.. don't look..

.. warned you..

.. last chance, don't look

OK, the hurtful thing, and sad fact..

..mufflers be d***ed, it's as evil as it's rider makes it.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You don't need loud pipes to make decent street performance or attract attention. My 2 cents.

You don't need loud pipes to make decent street performance or attract attention. My 2 cents.

+1000 on that!

As my old man ears get more sensitive I find the slightest of sharp noises, hurtful to my ears. And when the squids and HD' go by, I cringe at the loudness!

Just 2
Bubba

There is a lot to be said for the stock cans. If I were planning to do some longer distance sport-touring I would put them back on in an instant. But, for the kind of riding I tend to do, country highways, winding secondary roads in wide open spaces, I love the sound of the D&D's and the bike just feels better....more alive. I've now seen two sides of my Busa and I appreciate both. Now, back down to the garage.....

U could take the cans off all together and run it for two days. Then your neighbors will appreciate the D&Ds when you put them back on!:rofl:
Seriously though, R77s here and with the baffles they're not bad. Stock cans are very quiet and still look OK.

I run D&D and they don't seem that loud to me. Have the baffles. been removed? Mine are not much louder than the stock pipes I can carry on a conversation with the rider next to me no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have two brothers an they are not much louder than the stock ones maybe yours gave been messed with

this shouldn't wake anyone up unless you start revving it up at your house.. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock cans pretty much as I hear it through the ear plugs.
All 65-90mph..

Since the embed still doesn't work.. the link.
- H Hiway #1... 4-4-10

Damn dude, those are some rough shifts in the begining :laugh: Have you tried clutchless shifting ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back