Thinking about a VMAX

E Zurcher

Registered
My bike is paid off in September and I'm thinking about a second iconic machine to ride. Looked at a brand new V-MAX and I am impressed with the workmanship and detail. I know the bike is a beast torquewise and is technologically advanced.

Anyone have any experience with this beast

A friend of a friend thats on this forum has one. They are pretty stout under 100mph and will give a stock or bolt-on Busa a run for its money;they have a longer wheelbase and can put down the HP/TQ. They start to suffer above 140-150mph although you'd never get that impression lurking the Vmax forums lol. The owner of Vmax that Ive ridden with seems very happy with his bike and rides the snot outta it. But,its a big and heavy bike. Comfortable,but BIG

Built very well , handles better than you would expect , Stupid fast to over 100 mph , Tq that rips the road up . Those are the good things .

Cant pass a gas station , limited to 140 mph , Tq that eats roads eats tires even faster . Those are the downs .

P.M. me if you want to talk by phone . My Brother has a 2009 max . I ride it from time to time .

A friend of a friend thats on this forum has one. They are pretty stout under 100mph and will give a stock or bolt-on Busa a run for its money;they have a longer wheelbase and can put down the HP/TQ. They start to suffer above 140-150mph although you'd never get that impression lurking the Vmax forums lol. The owner of Vmax that Ive ridden with seems very happy with his bike and rides the snot outta it. But,its a big and heavy bike. Comfortable,but BIG

I have a gen1 and Its my friend that has the new Max that oldgixxer is talking about . I have been on the bike many times and its a blast to ride cool to look at and with a full exhaust soungs like a small block chevy . Go to the Star Vmax site to look around . Yes they suck up gas and will top out at 172 , and they will eat most everything from a dead stop or a 10 to 20 mile a hour roll on

That bike exudes engine sex appeal. I'm always trolling Craigslist looking at them for sale. Almost always several thousand less than new and almost NEVER have more than 2 or 3K miles on them. I'd buy used, and I may well do that one of these days. Good luck with the search!

The detailing on the 2015 is pretty amazing. Most of the parts are bronze anodized on the engine and the bits of polished aluminum are pretty cool too. My current bike is spotless all the time. I wipe it down before and after every ride and even with 43K miles it looks like brand new. I think if I get one of these I will be doing lots of wiping and shining.:bowdown:

I miss my old vmax. It was stretched, raked, custom paint and powdercoat, built motor by PCW Racing, drag bars, all sorts of stuff. Thing was FAST. It was also a 1985 model.

I love the new ones as well, but the old ones are something else.

vmax.jpg

Back