thinking about getting NOs

john32303

Registered
hi all

gotta 06 busa that im thinking about putting NOs on. well i have a few questions before making my final decision and decided i would ask the folks here.

1. it is a do it yourself thing or take it to the shop
2. brang of kit
3. price ranges
4. expected hp
5. and any other comments u want to say

thanks again
john

Check out Schnitzracing.com, they have everything.
thumb_up.gif

1. you can do it yourself, i did, if i can do it, anyone can
2.various brands, most are close to the same.
3.300 low end to 500 plus
4. this is up to you, dry kit or wet kit. what type of jets u run, do you have a power commander. from a small shot of around 15 hp all the way up to 100 plus on a wet shot
me i run a 40 jet dry making it around 50 hp.
5.one of the best bangs for the bucks. use it right it will treat you right.

yeah im running a muzzy full exhaust and a pc3.  whats the difference in dry and wet shot?
A dry system sprays nitrous oxide into the intake tract with rich enrichment being handled by injector duty cycle via ECM, or in this case, PowerCommander. These systems are usually lower horsepower systems.

A wet system uses a fuel solenoid and fogger(nozzle) to enrichen the needed fuel.

I've always used wet systems on automobiles,.......but most were rated in hundreds of horsepower. My preference on a bike would be the same. Hope this helps!! Good luck on the added "horses"!!
deadhorse.gif

a dry shot of about 40 is pretty easy to maintain on the busa without alot of extra work

I do have to ask though....why do you feel you NEED nitrous? Not trying to call you out or be an azzhat or anything, but do you regularly use all the bikes power? If not, you're wasting your money on nitrous. Also, keep in mind that most nitrous systems will only run on wide open throttle, which means your time "on the juice" is going to be VERY limited.

I'm not saying nitrous is bad, mind you, I'm just encouraging you to look at how you ride before you spend money on something you may not need.
beerchug.gif

pretty simple answer. cuz i like it
cool.gif
300 series doesnt really make your bike perform better but people love them. i might not ever use all of the hp but then i just might

1) a dry kit is pretty straight foreward install
2) check out a zex kit, just for the fact the have the t.p. activation (no buttons to worry about when trying to hold on)
3)$300-$500
4)dry 30-60 hp/wet into the 100's
5)couple of things to remember.
go 1 heat range colder on your plugs
make sure they are the ground strap type
gap them .003-.005 smaller than stock
start with lowest setting and work your way up
when spraying it listen for a pinging sound. thats detination-not good
use stock timing
run 92 or higher octane
if possible have it dyno tuned
most importantly hold on tight!!

couple of other things to consider. pressure guage is a must/bottle heater(nice accessory)/clutch upgrade/front straps and dogbones to try to hold that baby down

I have a dry shot,WOT,progressive spray setup and Never,Never really get the oppertunity to use it and in the mean time im running 10% fat for when i do use it so i dont blow the motor up and this allows me to get 23-28mpg(not exactly good numbers)..im seriously considering re mapping and removing the NOS....something for you to think about,unless your going to the track regularly or have miles and miles of open road where you wont endanger yourself or someone else,i'd say forget it...

Back