a question about NOS

Jester0769

Hayabusa Master
Donating Member
Registered
Im thinkin about putting a "sneaky peat" dry NOS kit on my baby for runnin the drag stip.

I was wanting to know what all I need to do and know about nos before I put on my bike.

Any ideas are good ones but I would like some feed back on what to expect from it.

Thanx
Josh

You will hear both sides of the NOS story here. Some say Dry others say Wet and they'll give you the pros of both. I haven't put it on mine yet, I'm waiting to get my head work done next month before going with the gas. I'll tell you what my tuner told me. He will not install a Dry shot on any bike, he says that this runs the risk of getting too lean and a good chance for detonation. If you go with a wet system and have a Nitrous controller, you can adjust the amount of spray and it can also be set up progressively. The most he recommended if I had to go with a dry shot is 40hp. Like I said, I ain't no expert, just passing on what I was told. Plus the dry system is like $400-$500 for only 40-50 Hp a wet kit is $600-$700 for more than a 100hp. And as far as being sneaky, you can hide the 2lb bottle in the hump.
cool.gif

(to those running a turbo w/ nos) i would run the wet system right before the intercooler(if you have one) so that way the NOS cools down the intercooler and you also have plenty of time for the NOS to spread. that way you arent looking at one cyclinder getting more nose than another. also, i would only run like a 1lb can. so that way you can put your water injection under the hump and you can hide the 1lb can right beside it. that way your not putting up with a huge bottol. unless your going long distance and want to use your NOS alot. just a sugestion.

run what you can afford.if you are broke,use dry. if you got a little extra money and want to be safer (no nitrous is safe,youll eventually hurt the motor) than go with wet. you adjust the lean/fat on a wet system. there are dealers out there that say there controllers and set ups are safe on a dry kit but your always relying on a computer to keep your motor from leaning out. get a wet kit,put jets in it to run fat,make a couple passes,check the plugs,lean it out slowly until its right. then youll want more and go with bigger jets and soon you go boom. its worse than drugs,but more satisfying.:p dont go more than 60hp with stock valve springs...trust me,ive already done that research for ya.unfortunately

I have my bike setup witha 40 shot dry haven't used it yet what gear and what RPM is the time that i should hit it at the drag or if i'm just playing on the street even last thing i wana do is blow up that spendy motor of mine
blush.gif

Back