nos

Cyclone

Registered
<span style='color:blue'></span>Ok you guys are going to think im stupid or somthing but here it goes. I am confused on how nitrous works.

1. why do you need to purge the system

I here of guys running nos on there bikes will riding on the streets. do they have to purge there system befor they run somone?

Do they use there systems at launch when drag racing. because i thought that you only used it in a higher gear at full wot. I dont know anything about how it works, or i mean how are you surposed to use it, on the track and on the street.

I have read everthing i can on the web about nos systems, but i cant find anything on how peaple use the systems .

I am a sponge wanting to feed on your knowlage
race.gif

you can use it either on the track and/or street. you purge the line to make sure that you have nothing but liquid in the line which will help keep performance consistant.

you don't necessarily need to purge the lines but for racing it helps. If you've ever seen a car take off blowing lots of smoke out the tail pipes and sputtering for a few seconds, this is the result of not purging the system first.

hope this helps
cool.gif

O I see, I wondered about that . Say if your rideing along and somone comes on you, in a roll on or somthing, you can still use your nos. it will just stumble right? Then take off.

so thats how nos guys roll on other bikes with the nos on , then if they need it they press the button and the engine will stumble a bit and then take off. I think i got it.

I also found some more sights that exsplane how to use it. well somewhat anyway.

Thanks for answering my newbe question

another question.

How do they map a nos system when the jets are not part of the bikes ecu.

Because i know that if you tune your bike on a regular 4 cylinder engine that you must adjust them indepentendly to get the cylinders fuel right in each cylinder.

you can use it either on the track and/or street.  you purge the line to make sure that you have nothing but liquid in the line which will help keep performance consistant.

you don't necessarily need to purge the lines but for racing it helps. If you've ever seen a car take off blowing lots of smoke out the tail pipes and sputtering for a few seconds, this is the result of not purging the system first.

hope this helps
cool.gif
I've been spraying my mustang for 4-5 years, this is pretty accurate info!

Get one of the purge light kits from Zex, looks like a red flame when you purge your system, Very cool at night!!!!
cool.gif

you can use it either on the track and/or street. you purge the line to make sure that you have nothing but liquid in the line which will help keep performance consistant.

hope this helps
cool.gif
I've been spraying my mustang for 4-5 years, this is pretty accurate info!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

When I use my nitrous, I just push the button and my bike takes off nice and smooth. It never sputters.

Yeah, I read not to long ago that Purging your system is important in the cages because the bottle is frequently at the other end of the vehicle. A good 6-8' or so. On the bikes, it's not so critical because the line lengths are significantly shorter.

FWIW...

But, it looks cool...

Hell don't even hook up a nitrous system, just hook up a CO2 tank hooked up to a switched valve...

you can add fuel with the pc,or go with a&j set up (i want this) and it will only add fuel when you are spraying,and allow you to run a nice clean map when you are not,a/f should be checked no matter how you do it,long high speed runs will need more fuel(richer a/f) then short 1/8 to 1/4 mile blasts

Back