NOS

Jester0769

Hayabusa Master
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys, Im lookin for pics of Nos installs on the busa, I need ideas on where and what kinda bottles to use for my install. I have a 2.5 lbs bottle now but im thinkin about twin 10.5 oz bottles just becuase there easy to hide and as big.

anything you might have would be put to good use.

thanx all,

Josh

Josh, the 2 small bottles may not keep enough bottle pressure and the 2.5lb will be hard to mount.
A 2lb bottle will fit under the hump. You just have to remove the siphon tube and mount it backwards.

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075526732 -->

DSC01548.JPG

sleeper,

ya know anybody that is wanting to get rid of a 2lb bottle, Im wanting to install it and everything but I just cant get the 2.5 under the hump.

Thanks for the pics by the way.

Josh

nother queston, did you put the "fire" switch in the starter button or did you mount anther switch for the system. Mine is a schnitz system and there instructions say run it in the starter button. Im not to shure about doin it that way.

what do you think?

I used the horn button.
A 3 way switch came with the kit.
Remove the plug from the horn. Cut the wires about a foot back.
Run those to the center 2 poles on the 3 way switch, for power.
Then run 1 side of the switch back to the horn plug that you cut off and replace it to the horn.
Run the other side of the switch to the 2 wires on the solinoid.
You now have a horn when the switch is 1 direction and nitrous when the switch is in the other direction.

Hope that helps,
Chris

It's a few hours away, but if you haul it down here, I'll do the complete install for ya.

Let me know.
It'll have to be a Saturday tho.

Chris

the big blue switch thats water proof? it has three poles on both sides, two close together and then one thats kinda set off by its self. You use one side for the horn and then one side for the nos system, right?

that sounds like a good set up.

just where is nederland? isnt it around houston?

lets set it up, we can install, ride and do the hole big thing on the weekend.

ROAD TRIP!!!!

You can get the 2 lb bottle under the hump on an angle also.  I had 2- 1.5 lb bottles under my hump in the past.  You just need to make sure you point the noz bottles down. I think there are some pics of a couple of bikes doing it on the site.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075669135 -->

the hole bottle needs an angel or just the valve?
The whole bottle goes on an angle with the noz valve pointing <marquee>UP</marquee> sorry I had it wrong the first time. Just like I did it on the bike the first time. oops.

There is a bladder in the bottle that you want to keep pushing up. The fit is better if the valve goes down, but do not get sucked into the easier fit.

Noz valve UP whole bottle on an angle allows you to use the hump and the storage.

I'm trying to post a map, but it won't work.
Take 96 south and it runs directly into my town.
If you are in a hurry, I may not be able to help. I'm pretty sure that I gotta work next weekend, BUT, since it's winter, you may not be in a hurry.
There is only 1, $50 piece that you will need. It makes the job SOOOOO much easier!

Back