Gen 2 Hayabusa Head Porting

Hayabusa133

Registered
I have a 2011 street/strip busa running 40hp dry NOS. I'm currently thinking about changing the stock (titanium) valves to stock Gen 1 Busa Valves (stainless steel). Installing some cams and APE 65lb valve springs.

I have a few questions.

What cams should I use?
Can anyone recommend a good shop to send my cylinder head to?

Ward Performance?
Carpenter?
Port Tech?
Any others?

After those mods how much NOS will be safe on a Gen 2 with stock bottom end?

Based on my research doing mine:

Ward will do a great head for big displacement, high hp engine. He is full service doing some things other places don't offer. He isn't cheap.
Port Tech does a great job and did my head. He has a lot of good information if you can get him on the phone. His prices are reasonable and he met his promised delivery date to me.
I don't know much about Carpenter but I think they are a well regarded shop.

For a stock motor I recommend a .395 intake cam and put your old intake on the exhaust. Later if you want to get wilder you can put that .395 on your exhaust and get a bigger intake. You can spray 80 hp on this with the appropriate valve springs. I wouldn't change the valves and wouldn't use 65 lb springs on Ti valves. You will get different opinions on all this so you will have to figure out who you want to believe. IM me if you want more details.

Vance and Hines or Ward, anything else is a gamble. Your head porter will recommend the proper cam specs to work in conjunction with the flow characteristics of their work, and the choice of compression, application etc.

Is Extrude Honing even a thing these days? In the old days port and bowl work would sometimes be finished with Extrude Honing. Not sure if it's even relevant anymore?

Maybe people realized it couldn't remove material in the proper locations. I am sure it could have produced marginal gains in some applications. It's hard to beat a CNC, you create a great port and digitize it and reproduce time after time.

Back