The Wife On her New ride.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK so now that the wife and I live about 4 miles from her work I was thinking a Scooter would be a great way for her to get to and from work. So, She got a cool Zuma for her Birthday and I have been teaching her to ride the thing.

She's doin pretty good. She's not horribly coordinated but so far so good. Just got her first crash outta the way.
smile.gif

It's a hoot to ride and gets about 80mpg, topping out at about 45MPH. Perfect for a residential street commute to work.
thumbs-up.gif

So Here it is.

Zuma3_4view.jpg

She's so good in fact that apparantly she doesn't have to keep her eyes open.

WifeNoLook.jpg

Notice though that she's looking through the turns...

Wifeleanin1.jpg

She's having a blast, big ear to ear grin!!!

I know I know, Scorpian helmet right? But I figure that on a scooter at no more than 35 or so in the neighborhoods it should be OK. She has a real nice Shoei but with her still in newbie crash mode I figured the Scorpian would be good for taking a few dumps in a parking lot and then tossing out. Keep her decent helmet in good shape for the commute.

She's having fun though, she crashed on Sunday and did $40 worth of damage... Gotta love a Scooter.

wifeEar2ear.jpg

Wheeeee!!!
That looks like a blast!

(god I hope she doesn't crash)

Should be perfect for some side street scootin!

Congrats Mrs Revlis!!
cool.gif

Here's the first night, when I surprised her with the Black one...

Soon she'll be ready for the Busa...

She has surprised me with how well she is doing. She is pretty unsteady on her own feet, let alone two wheels but she is progressing well. I even had her ride it home from her office parking lot where the pictures were taken. She did well. A little wobbley when stopped, but otherwise doing well.
thumbs-up.gif

Hopefully I can convince her to hop online here and give her own impressions of her scooter.

Wifelooking.jpg

Ya know.. with the price of gas and all, logically I should look into getting one of those.

However the testosterone flowing through my body just says... DONT YOU DARE!!!!

The price of gas is just fricken killing me!!! I hate it!!! And 80mpg sounds sooooo sweeeeeet…

Just about every pay raise I have had in the last 3 years is just about worthless due to the rise in fuel prices.

I mean I am glad I have had pay raises or I would be worse off. But it sure would be nice to have more money left over every year after pay raises but instead I find myself with nice pay raises but less money because of inflation, largely due to increase in fuel costs.

Sorry to hijack the thread Rev….. just salivating at the 80mpg that thing gets

Wheeeee!!!
That looks like a blast!

(god I hope she doesn't crash)

Should be perfect for some side street scootin!

Congrats Mrs Revlis!!
cool.gif
Oh she got her first crash outta the way allready. She was watching me put up some cones for her instead of paying attention to her turn and got it wrong.. It slide out from under her and went down on it's left side. No worries though, other than flooding the motor there were just a couple bits scuffed up. She popped up and was giggling like crazy when I arrived. She had allready picked up her scoot and had it on it's center stand. No worries, no Drama, just her learning... And uh Giggling.
smile.gif

Gotta get her to the MSF though...

Bought her the "Idiot's Guide to Motorcycling". I poked through it a little bit and I must say for a beginner that book is the cats ass. Lot's of good material and good information. Well written and covers the basics.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117795593 -->

Where are the wheelie pics?
wink.gif
You can wheelie these things... Seriously. Not too hard to do either.
smile.gif
But I'm not going to be the Husband that breaks the wife's toys.

The thing that surprised me was that the Wife really had No idea how to make the thing work. I hadn't really considered the fact that she had NEVER been on a motorbike of any sort. So I had a bit of hard time figuring out where to start.

So I had her pushing it around and coasting around on it just like they teach you in the MSF. Seemed to help... Still, I am a poor substitute for a proper course and that is next up.

dude, that's cool! Good for her!

She'll be toolin' along in no time...perfect for that kind of commute.

I think the scooter is just pretty darned funny. Lil Bitty scooter, Big Tough Guy Paint Job...
laugh.gif

Anyhoo, I'll nag the Mrs. a little and see if she'll post up her impressions of the thing. She was a little miffed that I had allready spilled the beans but darnit, she's never around anymore to spill em'...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117797194 -->

Back