The VLA

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
Remember the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster... well part of the filming was done at the Very Large Array (VLA) located just outside Magdelana, NM.

Today I road out there with a Friend. We needed to get away from life for a little while... both pretty stressed out with whats happening in our lives right now.

Enjoy the pictures of the VLA and surrounding area.

IMG_3622.jpg

One person standing in front of each of these and you can whisper to each other and hear clearly. Pretty kewl.

IMG_3628.jpg

our waitress was awesome and gave as good as we gave... lots of laughing and a real good burger to top it off...

IMG_3647.jpg

all in all it was a great ride, a great burger, and great day spent out of the house and away from our daily lives.

cool.gif
pics!

here's a shot from when I was out that way last year. One of those antelope scared the pants off me while doing warp speed down the access road to the visitor center!

vla.jpg

(psycobusa @ Nov. 02 2006,20:22) busas and dirt roads dont go together very well. nice pics though
beerchug.gif
Puuuuuhhhleeeeaassseeee

Busa's were in Biker Boys on dirt roads..

All kinds of bikes on dirt roads in Torque!!!

Sure they go together!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Cool pics everyone....

The dirt roads are only at the VLA location. Its all paved roads till ya get to the parking lot. You don't get to ride on the dirt roads. LOL

Back