Hard Candy

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
There was a video store going out of business near us and we stocked up on some cheap DVD's. 8 for $10, Blu-Rays were $3.95 and games were 70% off.

Anyway, my wife got this movie called Hard Candy, with Ellen Page from Juno. It's about some girl that gets involved with a child predator. I won't say much more but this movie bored me to tears for about 15 minutes....then it got REALLY REALLY GOOD!

I can't say anything without giving it away, but trust me, you fathers and mothers will love this movie. Even without children, I found the movie enthralling. Edge of the seat in some scenes. Oh, and this movie is not for children at all....not a lesson learned type of film. Very adult themes.

Two thumbs up.. If I had more, I would give more thumbs up. :laugh:

Rotten Tomatoes: Hard Candy Movie Reviews, Pictures
Critics were luke warm, but as always, the viewers got it right with an 86% approval rate.

Last edited:
Saw it when it first hit video, very different, but I did like it.
I thought I was the only one.
BUT NOT FOR THE KIDDIES INDEED, make sure the little one are not peeking around the couch. :laugh:
Bubba

We also got a video business calling it quits...must be those "Red Boxes" posted everywhere nowadays:whistle:

We also got a video business calling it quits...must be those "Red Boxes" posted everywhere nowadays:whistle:

Yeah...seems there's a lot of popularity in those boxes. If you only want to rent the latest and greatest, then I guess they're ok, but the selection is too slim for my consideration.

Yeah that movie had me like:

.................WTF..........DID.......THAT......JUST.......HAPPEN.....

i loved the movie...and to see her walk off in a red sweatshirt..just like in juno ...that was wild

Back