The roads in florda are killing me !!!!

tinmann840

Registered
It never fails , I clean the bike up and everytime I go out for a ride I come home with more and more rock chips and scratches . I try to avoid construction areas but still I get rock chips . Nothing major or even anything that you could notice without very close examination but I know they are there and its driving me crazy . We all want to keep or rides showroom correct but its like the a losing battle . The bottom of my fairing underneath the oil cooler is the latest victim . I've buffed and buffed but its just not coming out and I've had bad results from color-rite touch-up paint AARRRGGGHHH!!!  I NEED A FRIGGIN TEFLON BIKE .

And don't even get me started about swirl marks
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|tinmann
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153777208 -->

try living in michigan. always under construction. it sucks! i`m thinking about moveing:O

You live in a State made of Sand and limestone bro.

It's something I had to come to grips with as well, just one more reason to make certain you leave plenty of following distance but even that only helps some.

Seriously ! The bottom flat portion of the fairings look like crap , even though nobody see's them . Nicks and scratches everywhere ........rhino may be the answer ......not very aerodynamic though .

You live in a State made of Sand and limestone bro.  

It's something I had to come to grips with as well, just one more reason to make certain you leave plenty of following distance but even that only helps some.
Revlis, I know how you've come to grips with it, you leave a distance of about 3000 miles
wow.gif
between you and the closest Florida Traffic  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

the area around both sides of my oil cooler are chipped and dinged up... no escaping it unless you just leave the bike at home... but what fun would that be?
tounge.gif

It never fails , I clean the bike up and everytime I go out for a ride I come home with more and more rock chips and scratches . I try to avoid construction areas but still I get rock chips . Nothing major or even anything that you could notice without very close examination but I know they are there and its driving me crazy . We all want to keep or rides showroom correct but its like the a losing battle . The bottom of my fairing underneath the oil cooler is the latest victim . I've buffed and buffed but its just not coming out and I've had bad results from color-rite touch-up paint AARRRGGGHHH!!!  I NEED A FRIGGIN TEFLON BIKE .

And don't even get me started about swirl marks  
mad.gif
lemme guess....."Black"?
laugh.gif

welcome to the sunshine state bro!
laugh.gif

i took the cure years ago...and it hurt but?.....i quit being anal about my bike...oh?..i keep the chain lubed and fresh filter and oil in the crankcase but?...I keep the bugs and road filth to a minimun with spray polish/cleaner after every other ride or so and only give'er a full wash & wax maybe 2-3 times a year....and between the sandy roads and inevitable summertime showers?...the meticulously anal will drive themselves crazy with "cleaning"....as years ago i changed my mindset and opted to simply ride and remain somewhat sane...and?...enjoy riding rather than cusss'in cleaning.
laugh.gif

And i hafta laugh as....You should've been with me out at the psuedo track in sebring a couple months back...as there truely was not just one but (2) "late model" sportbikes that were sprayed 100% in "Black Rhino Coat"!
laugh.gif
one was a late model ZX-10R and the other an R-6.
laugh.gif

and you could tell...both were primarily "track bikes"....race rubber and all...and the owners were serious....real serious...and quite proud of their trademark "RhinoCoated Sportbikes"...and i hafta admit...for down here?...for what they were do'in?...imho?...i thought it was a rather cool idea.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153785134 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm still in the grade A1 anal cleaning stage and yes I am going crazy...got rained 3 times yesterday and twice today...and yes I cleaned it again tonight and noticed some more minor scratches (#&$^#(@&#*er)...

YES...it's BLACK

undertail2.jpg

HELP ME...

My Son's got his YZF...he bought used for $1300.00 Was laid down (on both sides actually) before he bought it. However, he seldom worries about washing it, throws his leg over and has a ball just riding it and other than maintance, could care less about anything else.

IMG_1604.jpg

I'm still in the grade A1 anal cleaning stage and yes I am going crazy...got rained 3 times yesterday and twice today...and yes I cleaned it again tonight and noticed some more minor scratches (#&$^#(@&#*er)...

YES...it's BLACK

undertail2.jpg

HELP ME...

My Son's got his YZF...he bought used for $1300.00 Was laid down (on both sides actually) before he bought it. However, he seldom worries about washing it, throws his leg over and has a ball just riding it and other than maintance, could care less about anything else.

IMG_1604.jpg
LOL!....here lemme at least attempt to help you....

1. A clean bike is not to be confused with or as the mark of a skilled rider.

2. "Vanity":...is one of the seven deadly sins.

3. Nothing lasts forever and 50 years from now?...outside of family photo's?..the world will never know that you or your busa ever existed.

4. Life is a gift....so?..."LIVE IT"...don't waste it.

5. Do your bike cleaning with a "Bang-Fer-Buck" mindset...and believe it or not?..in the long run?...your bike will thank you..as?...there is such a thing as "Over-Cleaning" as well....and even with soapy water and lotsa rinse cycles?...the spong still hasta wipe the dirt filled soapy water across your bikes paint with each and every stroke of the hand....and cleaning after cleaning your clear coat endures abrasion after abrasion...and unless you're using de-mineralizes water?..exclusively?....hard water deposits begin building up in every crack and crevice that your chamois drying towel and your eyes can even see or reach...and as those hard water deposits begin building?..they both initiate and hide the corrosion taking place underneath..time after time...cleaning after cleaning...slowly degrading and ultimately destroying your busa one wash cycle at a time.

and for bonus points?..

6. There's massive gratification involved when you let your bike get just a tad beyond filthy and then give'er a balls out, 2 hour long...S100 washing following with a good polish and wax session..and shazam!..there she is...all dolled up and looking showroom again....whereas?....if you clean'er up before she's truely what most sane folks would refer too as "dirty"?...there is no gratification....just aggravation...that strats and ends with your obsessive, if not endless, hunt for yet another scratch..which you will never stop searching until you inevitably find....yet another...."scratch"...and when i say scratch?...think the movie.."The Ringer" (with Johnny Knoxville)
laugh.gif

so?..are ya "cured" yet?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153787897 -->

laugh.gif

Back