A few new shots of the Busa

sweet tea man

Registered
Finally got around to buffing the bike this week. Didnt have a chance to right after i painted it. was way to busy.

any who, got it buffed, got the wife to help on clean up, then a few cleaned up pics and a pic of me in the new riding suit and boots

sanded with 1500 and ready for 3000:
thanksgiving08032.jpg

the other side:
thanksgiving08031.jpg

3000'd
thanksgiving08034.jpg

the wife helping remove compound and polish residue after washing:
thanksgiving08039.jpg

cleaned up:
thanksgiving08043.jpg

thanksgiving08044.jpg

pics of the gauges at night time
thanksgiving08046.jpg

me on the bike with the new suit. Shoei Helmet, Joe rocket jacket and pants, Alpinestar boots
thanksgiving08049.jpg

i was really hoping that the sun would stay out so i could get better pics but time just wasnt on my side.

Last edited:
Great looking bike, sharp gear too:thumbsup:

thanks. i still cant believe i have ridden as long as i have like i had.

what i mean is on my cruiser i started with a full face and a jacket. then gradually changed to just a german helmet and no jacket.

got the busa and bought a new jacket and un retired my Shoei. then i got my pants and boots the other day.....man that was a weird experience the first time out with them. COMPLETELY different than riding with jeans.

But now I have gotten used to them and am VERY COMFY in them....Its hard to look back and believe that I actually rode without it. I always would hear my brother talking about his riding suit(similar to what i now have) and how he wouldnt go anywhere without it. After getting used to mine, i reccommend one for anyone with a bike.

better pics to come of the gear. got to work tomorrow so maybe tomorrow evening i can get some. Too lazy right now to suit back up just to take a pic:rofl:

I'm glad I tore it apart and repainted it now after seeing it all cleaned up. I hated the stock colors but LOVED the color on it now due to all the chrysler cars i've sprayed with the same color. I would walk into the booth with a grin on my face b/c i loved how it would look.

Last edited:
this was how it sat a month and a half ago:
busa.jpg

thats was taken the weekend i tore it apart and sanded it down. i took it up to work the following week and stayed late spraying it a few pieces each night.

only things different from the two pics are the Double bubble, gauge faces, paint, and i tossed the reflectors

Last edited:
if you sand the paint with 1500 will it go thruogh the clear or can you lightly sand the clear to make it nice and smooth like glass and just buff it out?thanks

Back