Looking for a suit for bigger guys....

02BusaAndy

Registered
Hey guys, I am looking for a good suit for taller guys like me. I am 6'8 and need a suit for the track but don't know what are the better ones to get and if they will fit correctly. I seen some suits go up to 6'5 but don't think it should be a problem squeezing 3" more in their. I have Alpinestars boots, gloves, spine protector and a new scorpion snell/dot helmet, just need the suit now. Any help would be great, thanks again..

Hey guys, I am looking for a good suit for taller guys like me. I am 6'8 and need a suit for the track but don't know what are the better ones to get and if they will fit correctly. I seen some suits go up to 6'5 but don't think it should be a problem squeezing 3" more in their. I have Alpinestars boots, gloves, spine protector and a new scorpion snell/dot helmet, just need the suit now. Any help would be great, thanks again..

Have you thought about a Two-piece zip together suit? That;s what i wear at the track with my back protector underneath.Mathcing two-piece suit with full zip together around the waist may the way to go.

PS. It's nice if you wear full leather's on the street, you can take your jacket off if needed and not have to deal with the pain of a one-piece

I had to go 2 piece. None of the 1 piece suits fit both top and bottom. The 2 piece let you mix and match sizes. I think your only option for a 1 piece is to have it custom made.

I was thinking 2-piece myself, that fact of trying to squeeze my tall ass in a giant piece of leather just doen't do it for me like it might others, lol.. What brand did you guys go with and have you ever had any problems with them...

I was thinking 2-piece myself, that fact of trying to squeeze my tall ass in a giant piece of leather just doen't do it for me like it might others, lol.. What brand did you guys go with and have you ever had any problems with them...

All I have for now is the inexpensive Cycle Gear house brand, Frank Thomas. They do not have it anymore but it has held up very well to be inexpensive (even wrecked in it).

TwoBrothersBusa has a super nice Dainese two-piece. He bought it from Cycle Gear as well. It is very nice stuff but is one the pricey side.

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to begin the process you must buy yourself a cow.

A VERY BIG cow!

The skinning process is easy. It's the chewing of the hide that's difficult. Marrying yourself a squaw is a huge bennifit!

Good Luck!

I agree with Tiller, two piece!
I doubt you'll find anything off the shelf that you can crawl into.
Custom two piece suit may be your only option.

Tiller, you remember that really LARGE guy we saw at Barber last fall?

In response to the OP, have yourself a custom one made. Make sure you take measurement with ALL YOUR PROTECTORS ON...

Tiller, you remember that really LARGE guy we saw at Barber last fall?

In response to the OP, have yourself a custom one made. Make sure you take measurement with ALL YOUR PROTECTORS ON...

No I dont really remember ???

All I have for now is the inexpensive Cycle Gear house brand, Frank Thomas. They do not have it anymore but it has held up very well to be inexpensive (even wrecked in it).

TwoBrothersBusa has a super nice Dainese two-piece. He bought it from Cycle Gear as well. It is very nice stuff but is one the pricey side.

I have 2 sets. Oneis the new Cycle Gear house brand, BUILT. If you live near a Cycle Gear store, go in and start trying stuff on.

You can try an ebay store. I don't know anything about this seller other then he came up on a search.
Custom Made Fit Leather Motorcycle Racing Suit #2059 New | eBay

If you are looking for track pants, they shouldn't go all the way to the ankles so they fit inside your boots comfortably.

Yes, I know but I dont wear motorcycle boots when I ride, I just dont have the sense of feeling with heavy thick shoes on, so I wear over the ankle shoes.
Also Cycle gear is within 20 miles of my house and I tried every pair of pants on in there looking like floods.
If you are not over 6ft2 not really a problem the challenge begins with riders of 6ft 5 with inseams starting at 34" +

Yes, I know but I dont wear motorcycle boots when I ride, I just dont have the sense of feeling with heavy thick shoes on, so I wear over the ankle shoes.
Also Cycle gear is within 20 miles of my house and I tried every pair of pants on in there looking like floods.
If you are not over 6ft2 not really a problem the challenge begins with riders of 6ft 5 with inseams starting at 34" +

I'm over 6'2" and have a 34"+ inseam. The reason you are having problem finding tack pants that aren't high waters is because track pants are designed to be worn with track boots. You may need to look at touring gear to get the cut you want.

Acehole and Semi, I think wear their pants outside their boots, but I think they were custom made....

I as well am 6'8 and i went with a two piece joe rocket. I wish the top was perforated but thats my only complaint. I do have a one piece, but if i was only an inch or two shorter it may be perfect, but since im not its doesnt work for me and is taking up closet space.

Well i'm 6'8 but not skin and bones, I hit the gym 5 days a week and weigh 255lbs. I have wider shoulders being that I used to powerlift but now just go to tone and define, I should be down to about 245lbs by the start of this years track season. I have Alpinestars track boots, full length gloves and spine protector. I just got my new helmet about 3 months ago also, all I need now is the suit. I have a cycle gear about 40 mins away so I will go down and see what they can do for me. I don't mind spending the extra money because the suit has to cover extra body...

When you actually find a suit that works, Please let me know what suit you choose. I am no where near a store that sells suits so i cant just try them on and I am going to invest in a better suit for the texas mile. Also what size shoe/ boot do you wear? Im a little bigger than you are as I weigh 275 curently so as long as the suit has the height needed to fit you It may be a close fit for me as well.

Well i'm 6'8 but not skin and bones, I hit the gym 5 days a week and weigh 255lbs. I have wider shoulders being that I used to powerlift but now just go to tone and define, I should be down to about 245lbs by the start of this years track season. I have Alpinestars track boots, full length gloves and spine protector. I just got my new helmet about 3 months ago also, all I need now is the suit. I have a cycle gear about 40 mins away so I will go down and see what they can do for me. I don't mind spending the extra money because the suit has to cover extra body...

Back