The one thing I hate about busas.....

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
Last night I was at my girlfriends for dinner and thankfully a family friend was driving by and stopped because he seen my lights were on. Actually it was only my tail light on because of that extra click on the key that leaves the tail light on if you lock your steering.

This is not the first or likely the last time I do this. Maybe I was in a hurry to get my carrot wet but it is easy to do no matter what you are doing….especially with gloves.

So WTF is this for, seems retarded to me that it does this anyway.

Thats the one thing you hate about busas?? The fact that you can't look to make sure the tail light isn't on before leaving the bike?? I think we need to re-evaluate what exactly is retarded.???
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Ouch, that was harsh..

Those are like emergency lights, parking lights, like if you are parked on the side of a dark road and dont want the headlight on, but want to make sure traffic from the back can see you and not hit your bike. Kind of the equiveltant of emergency lights I guess.

If you were broke down on the side of the freeway and had to walk for help, you could lock the steering wheel and turn on the parking lights, because the headlights wont be on, the battery will last longer, and you have a better chance of someone not slamming into the back of your bike.

I have never accidently turned them on, as a matter of fact, I have found it difficult to TRY and get them to turn on.

Just my .02

Very few bikes don't have that feature. Even my 1976 Honda CB360T had it. I thought it was a law until I noticed my friends '99 Magna doesn't have it, then again that bike is so freakin cheap with a drum rear brake and single disc front you'd think it was made by Hardley.

The Busa is pretty easy to tell just by looking at the ignition switch. On my CXT's it's not as easy and in the bright daylight you can't tell the light is on. I've left it on for about 2 hours while in a restaurant and the bike still started fine.

Still a good safety feature though. Plus I really like having the 4-way emergency flashers on the Busa...I've never seen that on any other bike.

One thing I don't like is that stupid metal cover on the ignition switch that rotates. Once it moves you have to dink around with the key until you find the slot.
The manual calls it a "theft deterrent" feature. More than likely Suzuki saved 2¢ per ignition switch by not locking it into place.
smile.gif

Been there done that. Only my light was on long enough to kill the battery. I can tell you that the Busa is not fun to push start.
blush.gif

Very few bikes don't have that feature.  Even my 1976 Honda CB360T had it.  I thought it was a law until I noticed my friends '99 Magna doesn't have it, then again that bike is so freakin cheap with a drum rear brake and single disc front you'd think it was made by Hardley.

The Busa is pretty easy to tell just by looking at the ignition switch.  On my CXT's it's not as easy and in the bright daylight you can't tell the light is on.  I've left it on for about 2 hours while in a restaurant and the bike still started fine.

Still a good safety feature though.  Plus I really like having the 4-way emergency flashers on the Busa...I've never seen that on any other bike.

One thing I don't like is that stupid metal cover on the ignition switch that rotates.  Once it moves you have to dink around with the key until you find the slot.
The manual calls it a "theft deterrent" feature.  More than likely Suzuki saved 2¢ per ignition switch by not locking it into place.
smile.gif
uhhhh 4 way emergnecy flasher? on what? on my busa the only thing I have is if I turn the key a certain direction the tail light stays on and thats it.... no other lights.. is there an emergency flasher on the Busa?

I really feel stupid asking this by the way, but I need to.. doah..

Be carefull for what you ask for Mikey, you just might get it.. I might flash you!!! muah ha ha

uhhhh 4 way emergnecy flasher? on what? on my busa the only thing I have is if I turn the key a certain direction the tail light stays on and thats it.... no other lights.. is there an emergency flasher on the Busa?

I really feel stupid asking this by the way, but I need to.. doah..[/QUOTE]

You can't miss it, the switch is on the right hand controls near the starter button.

Next thing you'll say you don't know where the "flash to pass" switch is.

It's an '04 thang
smile.gif

Maybe for '05 we'll get self cancelling turn signals?

The Busa is the first bike I've owned that I can't find anything that I don't like...maybe the black side panels, but I'll handle those soon, even though I don't mind them too much...I'm just picky that way

I can not tell you how nice it is to see someone elses nuts getting busted... I feel like my initiation has passed without having my nether regions getting shaved and my head not being superglued to someones ass .... finally i can breathe a sigh of relief... thrasher... thrashon.. i have learned my lesson...

Back