The new guy

noobusa

Registered
First I just wanted to say hi to everyone... And Im planning on getting a busa this spring ( i live in MA, and it will be snowy and freezing pretty soon... ) Ive already bought all the riding gear i need, im motivated, and I have already worked out my financing, a family member is cosigning. I guess Im looking for a little advice. My first bike was a Honda cb750 I know, I know, pretty cool. Then I bought an 89 gsxr750. The bike was awesome. It was old but in pristine shape. I got comments every where I went about it. Suzuki blue and white. cool bike. But I ended up selling it for the down payment on my rsx-s. I said that I wouldnt ride anymore because of how dangerous it is. And I didnt for a few years. But then I took a friends bike for a spin and remembered the amazing feeling riding gives me. Its like a high that Ive never felt before. I love it. So Im getting another one. Ive always thought the busa was a very pretty bike, and Im guessing it might suit me better than a lot of bikes out there due to my size. Im 6ft 5in tall and I remember looking and feeling like a giant on my old 750. So thats my story. So what Im looking for is advice from you guys (and girls) out there who know the busa. Things to look out for, stuff you wish someone had told you. Also Im curious of what exhaust systems people recomend. Because we all know loud pipes save lives. My old gsxr would set of sensitive car alarms with its exhaust. Are slip ons as good as full exhaust systems? So please help a noob out. Simple modification ideas, hints, tips, tricks.... Oh and what can one expect to get off the price for a new bike at the dealer, if anything... Thank you very much for reading, and thanks even more for responding...

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the board. You have found the best site out there. Congrats
laugh.gif

I am a noob myself. But some of the things you might wanna do when you get your bike:

1. Post pics here immediately (MANDATORY)
laugh.gif

2. Remove the reflectors
3. Remove the stickers
4. Do the kickstand mod

I'll let the more experienced members tell you about the more complicated stuff
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome! The kickstand mod is one involving knotching the kickstand so that the bike leans more forward and to the side so it is less likely to fall on its own. Since you're here take a look around (search) and see all the great info that's available.

Welcome!!
ChiBusa gave ya good advice.. and I'm not up on pipes, so I'll let someone else answer that one.

Just be ready for the s***-eatin grin after that first ride.
smile.gif

exhaust is up to you,  if you do exhaust(full) you will need to do a [pair valve block off] or [marble mod] just do a search for either  marble is easiest thats what i did
if you do just bolt on cans you shouldn't have to do anything unless it backfires then once again either/or   Marble is easiest and cheapest  
Full is more HP    most ppl record 10-17 hp with full      bolt ons will only give a couple hp(if that)
For the most   Full exhaust  PCIII dyno tuned with a custom map

I have not done the kickstand mod I myself have not found it to be a problem(the stock lean on the kickstand)  
The bike is heavier than you are used to be careful when you first get it in your turns, slow speed, not ready, she will try to go over
the speed of the bike is deceptive  you'll be thinking your cruising 65-70 and look down you'll be sitting on 90+  and its so smooth you can't tell  

throttle control is a must,  throttle is very smooth,  once again deceptive    you'll see what i'm talking about when you first ride the Busa

Started out with KZ 650. This bike is totally different. If you buy new you'll need to follow breakin. See manual. This should give you time to adjust. Mine is coming up on 4K maintenance; had it six weeks. Lots of torque and I haven't really been to the sweet zone yet. Lots of power. Be careful.

, try the search option on the exhaust

you have the whole winter to read up on that debate.
laugh.gif

+1 on the pics. we know you have some of you old rides.

I want to thank you guys for taking the time to respond. And Im from Natick... This is gonna be the longest winter ever...

Back