The new flu vaccine for kids and why yours shouldnt do it

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Since they will no doubt start pushing the new flu vaccine for everyone, though mostly aimed at our children, I figured I would share this with everyone. As a new dad I'm learning about things that, well I never thought I would have to do. Things are greatly changed since we all grew up.... I found this little factoid "...in 1983, before the autism epidemic began, children received 10 vaccinations before attending school. Today they receive 24 vaccines before the age of 1, and 36 by the time they attend school. And that’s not including the recommended seasonal flu shot each year."

Anywho, found this as part of my research and also have been flat out amazed at what they put in these things as "preservatives". All I can say is just make sure you know what you are putting into yours or your children's bodies because apparently the folks that should be (drs/fda) arent. :(

- Proof That Thimerosal Induces Autism -
A new scientific study proves that the mercury-based compound used as vaccine preservative -- known as ‘thimerosal’ -- induces neural damage similar to that seen in autism patients.

According to the study, thimerosal-induced cellular damage caused concentration- and time-dependent mitochondrial damage, reduced oxidative-reduction activity, cellular degeneration, and cell death. Thimerosal at low concentrations induced significant cellular toxicity in human neuronal and fetal cells.

Thimerosal was found to be significantly more toxic than the other metal compounds examined.

Read more of this at: Proof That Thimerosal Induces Autism-Like Neurotoxicity

BTW, thimerosal is the key preservative in the multi stage flu and new H1 flu vaccines

It's a tough decision to make...if you plan on putting your kids in school, you have no choice but to vaccinate. Both of my kids were vaccinated and I'm one of the lucky parents that has two healthy kids despite the conflict around vaccines. If I had an autistic child and the science pointed to vaccinations as a potential cause, yeah, I would be heartbroken...

Very tough subject :(

I'm not a parent and dont plan on being one for a long time but I have a question? Why do kids need to have so many vacs? Dont virus' get stronger and more resistant when vacs are widely used? Thats why they always have to come out with new ones? And this really angers me to hear that the gov't will put children in danger just to preserve a vac for a few months...

Last edited:
As a scientist I am not worried about this vaccine...

HOWEVER...as a human being and only having one life to live my gut tells me is NO. I do not believe that there is a clear understanding on Thimerosal and I have yet to read one convincing report that would change my mind.

So how can I have a differing opinion? Scientists are expected to divorce themselves from outside influences that can not be measured and or tested, such as emotions, and go strictly on the scientific facts, statistical measurements and clinical trials. Based solely on empirical evidence you are expected to provide a basis for your conclusions that can be backed up by data. The problem is human emotions and common sense is not a measurable data point! It is like the old argument on trying to prove God exists. Science can not prove it, but many believe he exists anyway. So who is right? (Not trying to start a discussion on this...just an example) [By the way, I believe he exists]

So my wife and I sat down the other evening to talk about taking the vaccination and I will tell you this, I love her more than anything else in this world and while I would not want to see her die from H1N1, I also realize that I would never do anything to harm her physical well being and I can tell you this, there is no practical method anywhere in which introducing Mercury in any amount into the human body is beneficial. The risks IMO out weigh the benefits.

Again, this is my personal opinion for my family. Please take the time to read up on this issue and have an open and honest discussion with your family. Do not be lead by fear, but lay out the facts as you understand them, talk with your family doctor and in then end make a decision that is based on what your heart tells you. If you feel that the risk is low, by all means receive the vaccination.

excellent response Dr E.

Taylor (my step daughter) actually got swine flu at the end of the school year from a class mate here on Long Island. She was sick as stink but did recover fully. The school had 23 of 36 students from her class out ill but failed to notify anyone of it. We found out through the mom network that one of the kids was diagnosed with swine flu and as it turns out, most of the others were also diagnosed. After a meeting with the principle, he said the school districts rules are clear, only if X percent of the school is out do they alert parents, not x% of the class. So in addition to all of the other concerns with vaccines, etc etc, make sure you know what the school thresholds are for alerting you to illnesses within the classroom. If we didnt have this chatty mom network here, no one would have been any wiser as to the scope/size of the issue.

Figures, the next week they sent home a note alerting people to a kid in a different class having lice :banghead:

please post the finding from a non-biased source.....

mercola is a major advocate of non-mainstream medicine....this is a guy that claims "pasturized/homogenized milk" should be avoided...

he is also against microwaves....

I'm not a parent and dont plan on being one for a long time but I have a question? Why do kids need to have so many vacs? Dont virus' get stronger and more resistant when vacs are widely used? Thats why they always have to come out with new ones? And this really angers me to hear that the gov't will put children in danger just to preserve a vac for a few months...

If the vaccines protect hundreds of thousands it is worth it if they night harm a small percentage? That is the ethical question.

Look at it this way out of a 1,000,000 people you will have a percentage that is allergic to something, maybe 25% are alergic to cats and 5% are alergic to peanuts, so it would stand to reason that some percentage is allergic to any one of the 23 or so vaccines.

Thing you gotta wonder is how many millions have been saved by the vaccines? 1/3 of the population in Europe died of the Plague if a vaccine could have saved all but 2% do you think they would not have utilized the vaccine?

Last edited:
But is this certain chemical really necessary to the vaccine if it is only a preservative in the vaccine.

how about this one:

NEJM -- Thimerosal and Vaccines -- A Cautionary Tale

Point is there is concern and you should just make informed decisions as they relate to you and your family. We cannot assume that just because a doctor says "they need this" that they really do and I'm not trying to convince anyone, just illustrating what I have found through my entry to parenting :beerchug:

from that article:

"In 2004, two studies performed in the United Kingdom examined whether thimerosal in vaccines caused neurodevelopmental or psychological problems4; neither found evidence that early exposure to thimerosal was harmful. The study by Thompson and coworkers in this issue of the Journal (pages 1281–1292), the third and most comprehensive to date, also found no evidence of neurologic problems in children exposed to mercury-containing vaccines or immune globulins. "

even according to the first article by mercola...he suggest that 1 in every 58 children that are vaccinated will be affected...that is less than 2%

what if yours was in that 2%?

And from the same article

On July 9, 1999, after much wrangling, the CDC and AAP decided to exercise the precautionary principle. They asked pharmaceutical companies to remove thimerosal from vaccines as quickly as possible; in the interim, they asked doctors to delay the birth dose of hepatitis B vaccine in children who weren't at risk for hepatitis.3 A press release issued by the AAP revealed the ambivalence among its members: "Parents should not worry about the safety of vaccines," it read. "The current levels of thimerosal will not hurt children, but reducing those levels will make safe vaccines even safer. While our current immunization strategies are safe, we have an opportunity to increase the margin of safety." Critics wondered how removing something that hadn't been found to be unsafe could make vaccines safer. But many parents, frightened by a sudden change in policy, reasoned that thimerosal was targeted because it was harmful — and their faith in the vaccine infrastructure was shaken. Doctors were also confused by the recommendation.

We could debate this til Honda makes a bike that can compete with the busa :whistle: I'm just providing information for those that might not be aware of whats out there, think its worth a healthy debate but by all means proceed with whatever you feel is best for you and your family.

My 7month old will not be getting any injections that contain mercury though as its something I just cannot justify putting into her body. Maybe its the articles, maybe its the memories of my grade school teachers and college professors telling me how mercury can make you really sick

what if yours was in that 2%?

And from the same article

We could debate this til Honda makes a bike that can compete with the busa :whistle: I'm just providing information for those that might not be aware of whats out there, think its worth a healthy debate but by all means proceed with whatever you feel is best for you and your family.

My 7month old will not be getting any injections that contain mercury though as its something I just cannot justify putting into her body. Maybe its the articles, maybe its the memories of my grade school teachers and college professors telling me how mercury can make you really sick

this is definately something that needs to be seriously looked at, by people much smarter than me. the real problem i see:

1. nobody has done a definitive study, that could prove once and for all the danger of these vaccines
2. the system is so corrupt, that when the gov. or AMA, or anybody says "this is safe" you cannot believe it.
3. you have to be really careful and dilligent in the info you are reading. to listen to Dr. mercola, or any of those on his side of the fence...it is an absolute fact that the vaccines are dangerous. while those on the other side of the fence have the same ideals about the safety of the vaccines...

Then there are the millions that will not do any research or even be told of any risks and will end up getting the shot regardless.

The pharmaceutical company making this vaccine....are they the only ones? What's their profit percentage boil down to? I'm sure the numbers are staggering. In the end it will be about money...it always is! :fireskull:

Good food for thought and thank you for posting. I have a 5yr old daughter and now will have to do more research before making a decision.

i have never taken any flu vaccines. but i am a healthy young that regularly exercises and drinks plenty of water, and root beer. i also work in health care usually over 50 hours a week at 3different hospitals

i have never taken any flu vaccines. but i am a healthy young that regularly exercises and drinks plenty of water, and root beer. i also work in health care usually over 50 hours a week at 3different hospitals

I drink lots of alcohol because is kills germs!

Back