The mustang trans issues

Well, quick update to keep this thread going. Called a shop and ordered a stage 2 MT-82 trans built by Ben Calimer. They said they’ll send me an update email with tracking number, once it ships directly from the builder who’s in PA. They agreed with @Getn off on the clutch recommendation, so I ordered the McLeod RST twin disc, aluminum flywheel, high load pilot bearing and new throwout bearing. $4k total with taxes and shipped to my door. Now the wait begins. A friend also stopped by to drop off his homemade stands built out of 2x4s, in case I need them.

Last edited:
Parts started to trickle in.

AD0DB78A-C66D-4585-8D38-4C763ADC1A7A.jpeg

Got the car up on some wood stands my friend let me borrow and started the job at 6am. My friend showed up around 7am and helped me for 4 hours. He had to go, but my girlfriend’s stepdad came over and we finished the job. Took the car around the block and this trans feels better than the stock one ever felt. Had two hiccups with the builder installing the wrong output shaft knuckle and then we missed a small part. Luckily, we saw it as soon as we pushed the trans in the tunnel, so just pulled it out and installed the forgotten part.

90F1F226-2206-4FCB-B23F-B2AA26232096.jpeg

Back