Trans Am concept car

(Shibumi @ Jul. 25 2007,20:09) Yeah, Camaro's are good...

... to eat!!    

Killed many of them late 80's to mid-90's!!

Sad thing was they had about 50 more cubes under the hood, and less hp!!  
laugh.gif

Gotta admit, they did finally get their shid together with the Corvette motor about 2005 or so...  
smile.gif
laugh.gif
late 80's to mid 90's.you didn't race nothing
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Pontiac will not re-introduce a retro trans-am. in fact the trans am name hasn't even been in any of the talks of future pontiac vehicles. pontiac has nothing retro in their future. the gto was a perfect example.

(Shibumi @ Jul. 25 2007,20:09) Gotta admit, they did finally get their shid together with the Corvette motor about 2005 or so...  
smile.gif
GM  took over in the mustang/camaro horsepower war in 93 with the LT1(275) in the f-body. Then really kicked ass in 98(305) with the LS1, everything since then has been from the basis of the LS1 design. ie LS6, LS2, & LS7.

the "kick ass" corvette you speak of is the LS2, basically a modified/improved LS6(which was a improvement of the LS1) that went into the 01-04 ZO6 corvettes. the LS2 did increase the displacement of the engine from 5.7 to 6.0

does that all make sense? clear as mud?
biggrin.gif

Oh MY GOD...I would so hit it.

I lived in one of these, 'cept mine had the T tops...headers, alpine with subwoofers, etc., etc.

EK79PONT.jpg

(Mr. Anderson @ Jul. 25 2007,20:46)
(Shibumi @ Jul. 25 2007,20:09) Gotta admit, they did finally get their shid together with the Corvette motor about 2005 or so...
smile.gif
GM took over in the mustang/camaro horsepower war in 93 with the LT1(275) in the f-body. Then really kicked ass in 98(305) with the LS1, everything since then has been from the basis of the LS1 design. ie LS6, LS2, & LS7.

the "kick ass" corvette you speak of is the LS2, basically a modified/improved LS6(which was a improvement of the LS1) that went into the 01-04 ZO6 corvettes. the LS2 did increase the displacement of the engine from 5.7 to 6.0

does that all make sense? clear as mud?
biggrin.gif
Good stuff!

I still don't understand why Ford never went to the 351 in the Stangs to make it an even match in the HP "wars". The Cleveland was putting out 350 HP stock in '70 with a carburetor and NO technology, imagine what it could be putting out today if they had kept it like Chevy did the 350...
rock.gif

Now World produces a 9" deck 351 small-block that can be bored out SAFELY to 460 cubic inches!!
SHOCKED.gif

Talk about your all-motor small block "sleeper"- 600 HP on pump gas is a piece of cake in a motor with the displacement to affect nearby barometers when you stick your foot in it...
laugh.gif

Yeah I saw this pic a while back, I'd be all over it if they actually made it. unfortunately that isn't gonna happen, I'm thinking about the new Camaro though.

(Shibumi @ Jul. 26 2007,00:28) Now World produces a 9" deck 351 small-block that can be bored out SAFELY to 460 cubic inches!!  
SHOCKED.gif

Talk about your all-motor small block "sleeper"- 600 HP on pump gas is a piece of cake in a motor with the displacement to affect nearby barometers when you stick your foot in it...  
laugh.gif
Yeah, sounds good but I doubt that you'd be able to fit a tall deck 351 under stock mustang hoods for the sleeper effect.

(Projekt @ Jul. 26 2007,08:35)
(Shibumi @ Jul. 26 2007,00:28) Now World produces a 9" deck 351 small-block that can be bored out SAFELY to 460 cubic inches!!
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, sounds good but I doubt that you'd be able to fit a tall deck 351 under stock mustang hoods for the sleeper effect.
Actually you can, it's only one inch taller and there are EFI intakes that will clear it.

I wouldn't want to though, I think it looks best with a 2" cowl induction Cobra R hood...
smile.gif

P.S.- Sorry about the thread jack...
crazy.gif

(Projekt @ Jul. 26 2007,08:35)
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif
A 302 and 351 are same width only 351 stands a little taller.

My wife saw this and said it was "hot". I thought she was making fun of it and she said she loved it and said that is what a sports car is supose to look like. If it was to be produced I will have one.

(busabutter @ Jul. 27 2007,00:27) The new camero looks badass, but they screwed up on the interior.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
I totally agree, though I'm hoping that that is gonna stay with the concept with the production models interior being a bit more contemporary.

Back