The law is the law!

Reverendron

Registered
THE LAW IS THE LAW

So "if" the US government determines That it is against the law for the words
"under God" to be on our money,Then, so be it.
And "if" that same government decides That the "Ten Commandments" are
Not to be used in or on a government Installation, then, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would Like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would Like to think that smarter people Than I are in positions to make good Decisions. I would like to think that those People have the American public's Best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God,Can't Trust in God and cannot Post His commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government
(Federal, State and Local) and its Employees should participate in The Easter and Christmas Celebrations which honor the God That our government is eliminating from many facets Of American life.
I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday,Thanksgiving & Easter.
After all, it's just another day. I'd like the"US Supreme Court To be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day. I'd like the Senate and the House of representatives to Not have to worry about Getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.
I'm thinking that a lot of my Taxpayer dollars could be Saved, if all government Offices & services would work On Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.It shouldn't cost any Overtime since those would be Just like any other day of the Week to a government that is Trying to be "politically correct."
In fact.... I think that our government Should work on Sundays (initially set aside for Worshipping God....) Because, after all, our Government says that it
Should be just another day....What do you all think?
If this idea gets to enough people,Maybe our elected officials will Stop giving in to the "minority opinions" and begin, Once again, to represent the "majority" of ALL of the American people. SO BE IT...........
Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to Keep you in our country!
'Amen'
These are definitely things I never Thought about but from now on,I will be sure to question those in Government who support these Changes.
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Leave the Rest to God

Last edited:
Separation of church and state.....There goes that damn Constitution getting in the way, of a nice Christian rant.

Not to get into this debate yet again. Our Constitution doesn't call for separation of church and state, it prohibits a state church allowing for citizens to worship freely. There is a difference.

Like I always say it is freedom of religion NOT freedom from religion...

Not to get into this debate yet again. Our Constitution doesn't call for separation of church and state, it prohibits a state church allowing for citizens to worship freely. There is a difference.

Yeah, but the liberals like Afterhours don't want to get bogged down with the facts....typical!

Separation of church and state.....There goes that damn Constitution getting in the way, of a nice Christian rant.

Yeah so according to the liberal translation of "separation church and state" no religious holidays should be observed by the federal government? There goes another liberal failing at trying to to diss a christian again.

i would have to agree with the op.....You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Yeah so according to the liberal translation of "separation church and state" no religious holidays should be observed by the federal government? There goes another liberal failing at trying to to diss a christian again.

First off I am not a liberal....but as the .org likes to label people, the closest thing to me and my politics would be the word "Constitutionalist".

to truely understand the separation of church and state you have look at both the Constitution and the Declarations of Independance. It also helps if you have an open mind, but we all know that is not likely when dealing with those that insist this country was founded on Christian values....but here go's

The Declaration of Independance, proclaimed to the King of England that the citizens of the colonies would no longer be subjects of the British empire. in this document the Colonies have a specific list of grievances with the King.

Taxes, imprisonment, illegal business practices and trade, lack of representation, even the practice of quartering troops in a person home for free, and basic civil rights

not once does it claim religious freedom. Why? Because religious freedom was not why the colonies wanted independance....mostly it was money,trade and taxes.

a war was fought and many died, but none were called to defend religious freedom....

about ten years after declaring thier Independance, representatives go tother and starting trying to figure out how to create a country, a government.

What they came up with is the US Constitution, and the nuts and bolts of what the government is, what was the first most important thing they decided on :

1st Ammendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

to quote Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the USA, and the writer of the Declaration of Independance.
"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

or to quote James Madison, 4th President of the USA....and the guy that actually wrote the US Constitution.
"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together (Letter from James Madison to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822).

This "Wall of Separation" is not something that I(the liberal)....or any other non-christian has made up. This is what was intended by the creators of this country. So when it comes down to it, who do i believe carries more weight?

you the christian.....or the Founding Fathers?

President James Madison, President Thomas Jefferson say it is good to separate church and state...I will take them on thier word, because they were actually there doing the work of building this great country from a collection of British colonies.

PS: Gov. offices are not closed so the gov. can celebrate the holidays......Gov. offices are closed so that the "people", the individuals working there can enjoy thier holiday.....

Last edited:
there is alot of hypocracy in goverment and citizenship....we should not have to change our ways so others are not offended...we only have to respect thier ways and not insist they change so we are not offended. but being "politicaly correct" in my mind is a oxymoron.

Quoted from Encyclopedia Britannica....."The U.S. Founding Fathers: Their Religious Beliefs". Interesting reading for sure.

Although the Declaration of Independence mentioned “Nature’s Godâ€￾ and the “Creator,â€￾ the Constitution made no reference to a divine being, Christian or otherwise, and the First Amendment explicitly forbid the establishment of any official church or creed. There is also a story, probably apocryphal, that Benjamin Franklin’s proposal to call in a chaplain to offer a prayer when a particularly controversial issue was being debated in the Constitutional Convention prompted Hamilton to observe that he saw no reason to call in foreign aid. If there is a clear legacy bequeathed by the founders, it is the insistence that religion was a private matter in which the state should not interfere.

In recent decades Christian advocacy groups, prompted by motives that have been questioned by some, have felt a powerful urge to enlist the Founding Fathers in their respective congregations. But recovering the spiritual convictions of the Founders, in all their messy integrity, is not an easy task. Once again, diversity is the dominant pattern. Franklin and Jefferson were deists, Washington harbored a pantheistic sense of providential destiny, John Adams began a Congregationalist and ended a Unitarian, Hamilton was a lukewarm Anglican for most of his life but embraced a more actively Christian posture after his son died in a duel.

One quasi-religious conviction they all shared, however, was a discernible obsession with living on in the memory of posterity. One reason the modern editions of their papers are so monstrously large is that most of the Founders were compulsively fastidious about preserving every scrap of paper they wrote or received, all as part of a desire to leave a written record that would assure their secular immortality in the history books. (When John Adams and Jefferson discussed the possibility of a more conventional immortality, they tended to describe heaven as a place where they could resume their ongoing argument on earth.) Adams, irreverent to the end, declared that, if it could ever be demonstrated conclusively that no future state existed, his advice to every man, woman, and child was to “take opium.â€￾ The only afterlife which they considered certain was in the memory of subsequent generations, which is to say us. In that sense, these very blog posts are a testimonial to their everlasting life.

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So "if" the US government determines That it is against the law for the words
"under God" to be on our money,Then, so be it.
And "if" that same government decides That the "Ten Commandments" are
Not to be used in or on a government Installation, then, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would Like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would Like to think that smarter people Than I are in positions to make good Decisions. I would like to think that those People have the American public's Best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God,Can't Trust in God and cannot Post His commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government
(Federal, State and Local) and its Employees should participate in The Easter and Christmas Celebrations which honor the God That our government is eliminating from many facets Of American life.
I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday,Thanksgiving & Easter.
After all, it's just another day. I'd like the"US Supreme Court To be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day. I'd like the Senate and the House of representatives to Not have to worry about Getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.
I'm thinking that a lot of my Taxpayer dollars could be Saved, if all government Offices & services would work On Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.It shouldn't cost any Overtime since those would be Just like any other day of the Week to a government that is Trying to be "politically correct."
In fact.... I think that our government Should work on Sundays (initially set aside for Worshipping God....) Because, after all, our Government says that it
Should be just another day....What do you all think?
If this idea gets to enough people,Maybe our elected officials will Stop giving in to the "minority opinions" and begin, Once again, to represent the "majority" of ALL of the American people. SO BE IT...........
Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to Keep you in our country!
'Amen'
These are definitely things I never Thought about but from now on,I will be sure to question those in Government who support these Changes.
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Leave the Rest to God

Wow, just simply...... wow. Reminds me of a kid lying on the floor kicking and screaming because he didn't get his way. Or some teenager blowing things soooo out of proportion and sending it way off to the extreme left to try and prove some bull**** point... and failing.

There are not enough /facepalm images on all of the interwebs for this thread.

First off I am not a liberal....but as the .org likes to label people, the closest thing to me and my politics would be the word "Constitutionalist".

to truely understand the separation of church and state you have look at both the Constitution and the Declarations of Independance. It also helps if you have an open mind, but we all know that is not likely when dealing with those that insist this country was founded on Christian values....but here go's

The Declaration of Independance, proclaimed to the King of England that the citizens of the colonies would no longer be subjects of the British empire. in this document the Colonies have a specific list of grievances with the King.

Taxes, imprisonment, illegal business practices and trade, lack of representation, even the practice of quartering troops in a person home for free, and basic civil rights

not once does it claim religious freedom. Why? Because religious freedom was not why the colonies wanted independance....mostly it was money,trade and taxes.

a war was fought and many died, but none were called to defend religious freedom....

about ten years after declaring thier Independance, representatives go tother and starting trying to figure out how to create a country, a government.

What they came up with is the US Constitution, and the nuts and bolts of what the government is, what was the first most important thing they decided on :

1st Ammendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

to quote Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the USA, and the writer of the Declaration of Independance.
"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

or to quote James Madison, 4th President of the USA....and the guy that actually wrote the US Constitution.
"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together (Letter from James Madison to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822).

This "Wall of Separation" is not something that I(the liberal)....or any other non-christian has made up. This is what was intended by the creators of this country. So when it comes down to it, who do i believe carries more weight?

you the christian.....or the Founding Fathers?

President James Madison, President Thomas Jefferson say it is good to separate church and state...I will take them on thier word, because they were actually there doing the work of building this great country from a collection of British colonies.

PS: Gov. offices are not closed so the gov. can celebrate the holidays......Gov. offices are closed so that the "people", the individuals working there can enjoy thier holiday.....

:clap:

Text without context is pretext.

Wow, just simply...... wow. Reminds me of a kid lying on the floor kicking and screaming because he didn't get his way. Or some teenager blowing things soooo out of proportion and sending it way off to the extreme left to try and prove some bull**** point... and failing.

Couldn't disagree with you more. He simply has an opinion that is obviously different from yours. Your post on the other hand.....:puke::disagree:

Merry Christmas everyone!

First off I am not a liberal........

I haven't been on here in awhile, but it's good to see some things haven't changed.

Afterhours again convincing others he's not a liberal......priceless!

If you say it enough, you just may believe it yourself someday.

Merry Christmas buddy! :thumbsup:

I haven't been on here in awhile, but it's good to see some things haven't changed.

Afterhours again convincing others he's not a liberal......priceless!

If you say it enough, you just may believe it yourself someday.

Merry Christmas buddy! :thumbsup:

my gun collection alone would get me thrown out of any "liberal" organization. However, in this group if your religious views differ from the "christians" you are a liberal.

:rofl::rofl: - HILARIOUS!

Back