A fathers daughter...

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
When your daughter has this kind of thinking going on...what else is left to say. She makes me proud.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all....The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.... The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits...When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty....I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive...What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" (Thomas Jefferson) These quotes are eerily prophetic. The USA of today is not the one of Jefferson's time. We are not the same place, our people do not have the same values, and our policies are so far from the intent of our foundation, I don't see how, short of a second Civil War, we will ever return to the state of liberty that was the core of our foundation. Be it issues I support or the more common issues I oppose, the overreaching and unopposed power of the American government is inexcusable. The irony is that we are slowly but decisively becoming the very thing our founding fathers fought to free us from. RANT. OVER.

For those not on Facebook, her rant was not quite over, but she makes me smile with every word.

2BB

I saw where she posted that today. She has excellent values! :thumbsup:

I'm biased (insert that I feel exactly the same here), but I think she has some good points...

You and the Mrs's raised up a proper women there Charlie, the world needs more folks like those in the 2BB clan:thumbsup:

PS- Im still not convinced about that Tiller fella, he seems like trouble:laugh:

Damn Charlie, that girl must have a smart, well educated Mama!

It's in the genes Charlie, it's in the genes! :cheerleader:

I think I found a pretty good one if I do say so myself (chest sticking out) :laugh:

Charlie, you should hear some of the things she says justing ranting at home... It would make any gun control nut/liberal freeze

I'd say I'd send her a friends request, but after she'd see the stuff that Frog and I post, I'm sure she'd quickly change her mind. :down:

:rofl:

Great work Charlie! :cheerleader: Great LUCK Tiller.. :poke:

I'd say I'd send her a friends request, but after she'd see the stuff that Frog and I post, I'm sure she'd quickly change her mind. :down:

:rofl:

Great work Charlie! :cheerleader: Great LUCK Tiller.. :poke:

Heck, I feel bad that Charlie has to deal with it, but he puts uo with us or has us removed from his newsfeed, either way :laugh:

My wife (2BB's daughter) has only added to her wonderful statements. She submitted this statement to the white house website in an area that you can make your comments on gun control... Not that it will ever even be read, but I think she NAILED it...

Now you guys tell me you wouldn't wanna be married to a woman who says this :thumbsup:

"Because I doubt this will ever be read much less considered, I will be brief. As a country, we prepare for terrorist acts against our nation. Not by trying to steal the weapons from other countries, but by recognizing that evil will always exist and by making sure we are prepared to defend ourselves with the best technology, weaponry and training we can find. We do not advertise that we are a “weapon-free countryâ€￾, rather we ensure that each and every other world power is aware that we not only possess weapons, but that all violence against our country will be met with deadly force. This is logical, and it is why we are RARELY penetrated by terrorism. Using the same logic, how can we not recognize that we must stop advertising schools as weapon-free easy targets? We have seen that even a very sophisticated lock-down system as the one at Sandy Hook can be penetrated. Stop denying that evil will find its way into society, and that it will seek out the most vulnerable of places - those where guns are banned. In short, find a way to RESPONSIBLY TRAIN and EDUCATE teachers on how to face violent crimes. They need to have some access to weapons, be it an armed guard at each school, a gun safe on campus, or allowing teachers to carry by choice. After hearing the stories of the bravery of the teachers at Sandy Hook, I would confidently say that each and every one would have used any power at their disposal to stop that man, even a gun, had any been available. We prepare for fires, tornadoes, and snow storms and, as a result, no child has died from those. Prepare for the criminals and whatever weapon they may choose to employ in their heinous and inexcusable crimes. Attempting to remove the guns from the rest of society is a pointless process that will use our time and money and has no hope of preventing crime. Look at Chicago – supposedly no guns are allowed in that city and look at their crime rates. Clearly gun restrictions are a backwards approach. My last point is more of a frustration with the "Washington double standard". If the President and other members of the government are guarded by military style weapons, how dare you even begin to say that I and members of my family who have served and given their lives for this country, with lives valuable as any in Washington, may not employ the same protective measures to stop terror against our families as you would use to protect yours? This should not even be a topic of discussion. And while I support making it more difficult to obtain weapons (psych evaluations, more extensive background checks, no gun show loopholes, etc.), these will not ultimately solve the problem. They simply make good sense and should have been addressed long before many of the other pointless issues that have eaten up what little time our legislature actually spends working. -- Diana Bolen"

Back